Is there a device for generating a world like Minecraft?

Because I want to make a map where you can mine, craft, explore, fight and build and it could be just like Minecraft :smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

No, you cannot really generate terrain. You can only place down terrain in the editor.

You can show and hide props though, if you want to make ā€œgenerating propsā€.

2 Likes

You can build different ā€œmapsā€ within your map, then use a loot table to randomly select a teleporter to teleport players to. Do you need any further instructions on this? Also, welcome to the community! If this works, mark a solution!

2 Likes

Or barriers. Different colored ones for different terrain. would take an insane amount of memory and effort though.

1 Like

Currently no easy way to implement randomly generated terrain.

1 Like

Procedural generation (the system minecraft uses) is not truly possible in a generic map with the current state of gkc. A simulation of it could be accomplished at heavy memory usage. An animated version is possible, but difficult and not easy to implement. Anyways, Welcome to the community.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, @Germany! Check out the beginner-must-read tag for info about the forum!

1 Like

Please remember to mark a solution.

You could make a fake version. I know how to do it.

Ill make a guide later. On pseudo-map whatever you want to call it.

Like i could make it randomly generate pre built sections and remeber what other sections you went to.

(WAY oversimplified) Procedurally generating terrain is when the game uses built in rules in partnership with rng to generate relatively random terrain. Another main feature is that you can plug in the same data points to make the same world every time.

From what I could think, maybe you can add text and generate square emojis? @Blackhole927 has made a graphing calculator before, so I think itā€™s possible.

1 Like

Hereā€™s my thought: You can use a display to make emojis for ground and stuff, and barriers for hitboxes. Barriers can be deactivated and activated to match the tiles shown with text.

2 Likes

This would take a lot of memory though.

i was about to say that then I saw it.

1 Like

Hey Thats_Gimpossible I think you might be the right person to help me :slight_smile:

Iā€™m working on something else rn, but I can try. Also, every memory efficient way of doing this may be slightly flawed. I would just personally recommend you make a fixed map size, but randomize some parts of it, which would be easier and more reasonable since you donā€™t need an infinite map.

So, in other words, itā€™s not worth it to create an infinite map.
Just create a finite map with randomizations.
It will be a lot more fun as there wonā€™t be as many limitations + more memory space

I assume you want a randomly generated world with tree and other nature props, which can be done using channels and a bit of block code.