Inky Kraken Art Guide! [Difficulty 0/10 or ⬜️]

Hey! Welcome to the second Community Made Guides in Riptide’s Super Awesome Epic Guides To Pirates, The Sea, and Other Ocean Art! (note to self: need to make a better name, if you think of one reply with it!)

This guide was inspired by @BendyTheInkDemon! Thanks so much for the idea!

You should do something with sea monsters!
*Kraken appears

Setup

First, you will need to set up your map. This setup is the same as my Small Tropical Island Art Guide! [Difficulty 0/10 or ⬜]
Go to map options and set the background to water, like so:

That’s it!

Tentacles

Now, let’s make the tentacles!
But first, some ink!
Place some water (grey) tiles on layer one. This will represent the ink in the water of the kraken.

Make it unique!

Tentacle time!
First, take a Groundbreaking Plant prop of your choice. Set the tint to RGB 0, 153, 25. Change the size to make it big enough. It should look like this:
Screenshot 2023-11-16 1.17.47 PM
Now, copy that plant and make it’s size slightly smaller. Set this tint to RGB 255, 0, 221. It should then look like this:
Screenshot 2023-11-16 1.20.48 PM
Now, for the suction cups!

Suction Cups and Final Details

To add the suction cups we are going to use barriers.
Note that if you want players to be able to walk through your kraken, you need to turn collision for the props and barriers off.
Add a barrier and set it to circular. Set the size so that it can fit on your tentacle. Set the transparency to 1.00. Set your tint to RGB 255 0 200. Make sure to set “show border” to on. Make a second barrier smaller than the first. Set the transparency to 1.00 and the tint to RGB 153 0 224. Make sure to set “show border” to off. Now, your suction cup should look like this:
Screenshot 2023-11-16 6.28.18 PM
Now, place your suction cups on the tentacle. For a better look, don’t put them in a straight line, mix them up!

Final Details:
Put as many tentacles as you want with diffrent types of “groundbreaking plant” props.
Once you are all done, your final product should look similar to this:

That’s it!

Thanks so much for reading!
Any constructive criticism in the replies is welcome!
(I really don’t like the cracks, so any help with getting rid of them is very appreciated)

Credits
Anything not mentioned in the credits was made by me, @Riptide

Credit to @BendyTheInkDemon for the idea!

Reference image from Sea of Thieves :

Happy Sailing!

10 Likes

How should I rate the difficulty of this guide?

• 0/10
  • 1/10
  • 2/10
  • 3/10
  • 4/10
  • 5/10
  • 6/10
  • 7/10
  • 8/10
  • 9/10
  • 10/10
  • 11/10
0 voters
1 Like

Nice guide!

2 Likes

Oh my god! That looks sick! Nice guide!

2 Likes

bro the suction cups… all i see are the suction cups
weow this is good

2 Likes

and you might be able to slightly remove the cracks with tinted barriers but that might look weird- i usually do that for the musty dusty crusty rusty kitchen tables

3 Likes

@_i_looked_down It makes me wish we could crop props (boy that’s fun to say crop props crop props crop props)

2 Likes

Nice! I would say use layers, but props are always above terrain.

2 Likes

The difficulty of this guide should be 0/10 or :white_large_square:, as it is an art guide.

2 Likes

Nice guide! Maybe try hiding the cracks with some barriers to look like waves going away from the tentacle?

2 Likes

Nice guide, @Riptide! Thanks for making a guide on my idea! You are a GENIUS!

2 Likes

The Difficulty Rating System is based on how hard a certain mechanic is to replicate in Gimkit Creative.
Art guides only really use barriers (device) and props most of the time and if there are lots of props, it can get up to 1/10.

Let’s stay on-topic.

3 Likes

Very creative, love the idea!

5 Likes

b
u
m
p

1 Like

This guide really needed a bump, ngl.

1 Like

Oh, hey @Riptide ! Long time no see!

B
u
m
p

(the system will remove the quote of full post, I assume

2 Likes

Dangit, shoulda bumped this kraken one. And I actually beat the SOT kraken with nothing but a blunderbuss before. And also, no one has made Cthulu yet. Sigh

1 Like

bumpity bump bump