I need help with the game snake

Alternatively i could walk you through some of the mechanics necessary to make it.

Can you that would be great.

Sure. I’ll list some systems and you tell me which ones you want to tackle first

Display
Movement
Deaths
Food/Growth
Score

If you can’t decide just go down the list in order

Okay yea that a lot.

1 Like

Okay can you help with the movement?

Sure. You have a joystick kinda thing setup from earlier correct?

Well not really anymore I tried my idea and it didn’t work so I deleted it.

The snake io video game?

Ok so you will want to make a joystick for the player. To do this have them spawn in one area and have triggers in each cardinal direction. When the triggers are stepped on teleport the player back to the center of the joystick and also broadcast on a channel for each direction (up, down, left, right)

No

A reference guide for this is the JSN part of this guide

no not snake.io the Google snake.

@TorontoBulls1 are we talking about the same snake.

Uh yeah. I misunderstood what they said not what you meant.

Just to confirm you run around and get apples and you progressively get faster and longer and try to avoid hitting yourself or the walls. Its also one player

Yes correct @TorontoBulls1

1 Like

Actually, I created snake before, I can try to find it but I shared it in the official discord, if you have access to that.

Basically, you use emoji displays and the menu guide. There is a lot more that I would need to explain, but I don’t have time right now so I’ll do that later.

Heads up, my version was kinda laggy.

2 Likes

I haven’t made it yet but i think i could pretty easily. Can you real quick explain the tail and turning system. I have a new idea for it but i want another method to compare it too.

1 Like

Currently i am pushing a new body segment to the array at the position of the head after being drawn (so it doesn’t actually render) and then when drawing if the array is longer than the correct tail length it shifts it removing the oldest tail segment. Basically all the body/tail segments are static in position

1 Like

I use a line of text as the property that stores the coordinates all of the snake parts, and each tick when the snake moves, I add a new coordinate corresponding to a part in the direction of the last-inputted movement while removing the last coordinate corresponding to a part

Yeah thats my system too.