How to Use Functions in Blocks (Difficulty: 4/10) Need to know about functions

Confused, how does this not work? And what is “functions”. Also, I don’t code in python! Middle schooler here!

1 Like

Functions just call block code, like a trigger is theoretically just a function I guess. I don’t really understand either.

1 Like

Time for some CS theory:
Functions take in inputs, perform some calculations, and then spit out an output.

What we’re doing here is changing the input of the function, then calling the function, the setting our property that we want to calculate with to the output of the function. To implement the function, I used some properties and a trigger to use the blocks.

In the picture, the input property is Divider and Dividend. The output is the remainder property. When the remainder property changes, it sets the trigger on the left off through the counter->property->trigger chain of channels. This, the trigger on the left will run different blocks than before because now the Amount of Functions Done property is 1.

3 Likes

OOOOOHHHHH! You mean functions like in math! Like the ones you graph! I was overthinking and though you meant some sort of coding thingie! Although, couldn’t you just add or subtract or whatever?

This is pretty useful, but it’s like a python trade off. Simplicity for less efficiency. (Lots of triggers recursing each other tends to be slow).

1 Like

Get not impossibled

1 Like

Well, notice his wording. He never said it was impossible, just didn’t think it was. Difference.

I think I get it, this sounds niche, but useful.

Also, I meant as of now’s discoveries.

Bye guys.

?

Ok time to do integrals while I’m taking a break from bitwise operations :smiley:

Also I’m pretty sure integrals can be implemented in brain**** and brain**** can be implemented in creative.

What about double, triple, line, and surface integrals? The laplace transform? Fourier Series? Taylor Series (very possible)? Derivatives? Partial Derivatives? Are you going to implement that?

Well I gotta learn them first lol. I don’t take calculus until next year

1 Like

You learn calculus in 9th grade? North Carolina is a weird place. Might have to rank it near Ohio.

1 Like

Also most of the things I said were in Calculus III and not Calculus I.

No, 10th grade is when I’ll be taking it. Most people don’t even learn it at all in high school. (Math 1, 2, 3, and 4 instead) I’m just ahead of my classmates.

double accel

E you’re back?

Blackhole927 with calculus is a nightmare I don’t want to think about.

yeah for a bit, im a spontaneous person. anyways i think he’ll learn more stuff and create more advanced projects, happy 4 him