How to make WALLS in your PLATFORMING map!

In a future update, walls will probably be added making this post obsolete however until then you can use this guide!

Setting up your walls:

First you are going to make a closed area using terrain then you will need to get a barrier device, once you get the barrier device you must turn player collision OFF. After you have done that go to the layers tab:
Screenshot 2023-11-26 222654
and put the barrier into the “behind layer”

Wall color:

This part must NOT be skipped over, otherwise your walls will look out of place.
Every terrain part in DLD creative has a very distinct color to it. In response to this you must set your wall color to be similar to the terrain you are using.

Stone

Barrier color: R69 G77 B94

Cat walk

R133 G146 B147

Dark Scraps

R99 G101 B105

Grass

R98 G81 B65

Light Scraps

R 212 G 212 B 212

Sand

R199 G165 B117

Snow

R214 G237 B255

17 Likes

Amazing! This guide is fantastic!
Can’t wait to see it as finished! This makes everything better! :+1:

1 Like

nice guide! very creative to make it look regular in a platformer map.

1 Like

I agree. Awesome guide! :smiley:

2 Likes

Nice use of barriers to create the backdrop. Very creative! :+1:

1 Like

Finished adding all of the wall colors into the guide!

This is GREAT. Now I can have an inside portion of my map without the wall being the sky :skull:

5 Likes

Yeah, I was really worried at first when I saw that there wasn’t a wall option. Then I figured this out.

2 Likes

This is an amazing idea! Great guide, it’s very simple, clear, and organized! Also this is something that I needed BADLY and I’m sure I’m not the only one!

(Don’t respond about this part) Gimkit Creative platforming!!! Gimkit Creative platforming!!! Gimkit Creative platforming!!! Gimkit Creative platforming!!! Gimkit Creative platforming!!! Gimkit Creative platforming!!! Gimkit Creative platforming!!! Gimkit Creative platforming!!! Gimkit Creative platforming!!! Gimkit Creative platforming!!! Gimkit Creative platforming!!! Gimkit Creative platforming!!!

Anything I should add to it?

1 Like

Is there any way to decorate the back wall @Rusty ?

Great guide @Rusty!

just saying but im not using the platforming yet until the bugs have been fixed and no one can convince me otherwise

1 Like

Yes, all you need to do is make a prop in the behind layer but also Infront of the barrier.

1 Like

Oh, yeah the bugs are horrendous at times.

1 Like

Ok :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hope my suggestion helps!

1 Like

Thank you @Captain-Gim for the platformer tag!

you don’t to thank me, I didn’t make the tag. But I like your guide, it’s a useful refrence.

Well, thanks for adding the tag to my post then. :slight_smile: