How to DECORATE your PLATFORMING map! [đź—»]

Since DLD creative is very, very new there are not many ways you can decorate your map due to every prop being made to be shown form a top down perspective. However this does not mean that you are un able to decorate your map.
To start with you will need to learn how to make the illusion of depth. To do this you need to know how to make props in the background, the foreground.

How to make objects in the background:

To create objects in the background (like a tree) you need to make it so that the object is smaller than usual and is darker than usual, like so:
Screenshot 2024-03-19 010832

This makes the prop look like it is farther away and not directly Infront of the player.

To make it so that the player can walk Infront of the object you need to go to the layer tab:
Screenshot 2023-11-26 222654
and make it so that the prop that you want is in the “behind” layer. After you do that you must turn player collision “off”

How to make objects in the foreground:

Right now this is not a very viable option due to the aforementioned problem with the props being made to be viewed only from the top. However I attempt to make this work.

To make a prop look like it is in the foreground you must first make the prop its normal shade, and make the prop slightly bigger than usual. After you have done this you need to turn off collusion and go to the layer tab:
Screenshot 2023-11-26 222654
once in the layer tab you must make it so the prop is in the front layer you can now have your player be behind the prop
Screenshot 2024-03-19 005745

I would like to note that making a prop in the foreground is a very risky move. Props being in the foreground may confuse some players into thinking that the prop in the foreground is a prop that is in the way. I would advice that you use only props that would make sense to be in front of the player

Please let me know if any part of this is confusing, I wanted to get this done as soon as possible, since I am SOO very excited to see what you guys come up with!

If you want to know how to make walls in put them into your map you should check out this guide:

17 Likes

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

If anybody has anything they want to add onto this, PLEASE let me know!

With this Dld creative. You can finally make caves!

Unfortunately you are unable to make realistic caves, though I could make a guide on how to make a very cheap cave… :thinking:

1 Like

it doesn’t matter!!! I can finally make a horror map!

1 Like

What props will you have in the background? (will you put props in the foreground?)

maybe you could ask to add this to the dld wiki?

1 Like

I added it already :slight_smile:

Is there anything I forgot mention in the guide?

Great guide!!! :mountain:

3 Likes

If you guys want more ways to decorate your map check out another guide I made!

2 Likes

Wow! @Rusty you outdid yourself! I LOVE these guides of yours! I give it the Potato Approval :potato: :+1:

4 Likes

Wow thanks! this really means a lot!

5 Likes

I fell down in Platformer but luckily, since I’m a gim, I didn’t take fall damage and bump my head, I just blinked on impact.

6 Likes

Don’t know if I am allowed to do this but, BUMP

(y’all need to at least attempt to decorate your map)

3 Likes