How to make Helpian Monopoly [In Progress] (🟪)

i am the exact opposite. I hate finishing things in one sitting, and i do better when working in separate parts. i usually love figuring out a problem, taking a break, then it comes to me the solution, and i get back on and do it, then get off and wait until I decide and plan what i should do next. my sittings are rarely longer than an hour, but are usually much shorter than that. i cannot understand why you would like to have big sittings where you do a ton of stuff and finish everything

4 Likes

I don’t know man, when I get in the zone, everything stops feeling slow, and things just click. I can theorycraft as much as I can, and it usually helps with figuring out problems, but the main reason I like long sessions is that I like my games to have sectioned off “device systems” that do one thing. Manualy remove an item every time I enter a zone. Take away my breath every tick. Open up the right popup. If I don’t finish the section, I lose the zone, and the focus, making it harder to come back and fix it. It may have to do with my style as well. Just some thoughts on the way I make maps, nothing set in stone.

2 Likes

i section my devices too, but i like leaving work undone, something that i know i can do next time

2 Likes

There can be a distinction between the two things, but showcases should include a basic explanation relating to the game’s functionality - if the viewer likes what you made and wants to replicate it, they should be able to do it based on the information given.

This also helps ensure that the post is seen as a helpful contribution to the forums and not an off-topic advertisement of a game you made in GKC :]

4 Likes

so do you think mine is a showcase?!

1 Like

Debatable

2 Likes

it is not!

2 Likes

@Zypheir I agree, but I never originally meant it to mean an advertisement. I was thinking more like showing others what’s possible on the platform and inspiring them to make their own projects.

I had also stated this:

Thanks for clarifying this, I never meant it in an off-topic/bragging/show-off way, but rather in an inspiring way.

3 Likes

Not sure if you are replying to zypheir but they’re referring to showcases in general, not your post. In my opinion it’s a guide as it explains how to recreate it.

3 Likes

hi guys
im going to camp for three weeks
i wont be online at all
bye
(check the wixsite for more info)

1 Like

Bye

1 Like

bye!

1 Like

Bye!

3 Likes

I mean, you could say “The Ultimate Dungeon Crawler Guide” is a showcase, but it’s still an amazing guide.

2 Likes

i feel the exact same

1 Like

wait a minute…

2 Likes

theres a fine line between showcasing and using your work as an example. showcases in my mind is a piece of art/work that shows your potential, so showcases shouldn’t be on these forums since they are more visually appealing rather than helpful

1 Like

so what would you consider this guide?

1 Like

a tutorial since its well… a tutorial

3 Likes

that’s new
not a guide
not a showcase
but a tutorial

i like it

3 Likes