How to make custom game clock

Most of the time, the normal game clock you can change in the map options is good enough. However, it does not let change interact with it during a game. This guide will teach you how to make your own clock that you can add to the UI.

1. First you are going to want to make a timer out of counter devices.

Start by making a counter with a starting value of 59, and a repeater decreasing its value every second. This will track seconds.

Then make it have a target value of -1 and have it transmit a signal when it reaches it. This signal will be used to decrement a second timer that will track minutes.

Add another counter and decrement it when it receives the signal. You can set this counters starting value to however long you want it to be.

Give this a target value of -1 as well and you can make it send a signal when it reaches it if you want it to do something like end the game.

1. Now you need to set up the properties.

Add two property devices. Make one of them named second. Set the property type to number and make the value 59

Make the other property called minute and make the value whatever you made the counter.

1. Put it on the UI.

Go back to the repeater and make it send a signal when a task occurs.

Place down a game overlay device, go to the blocks, and make a new one that runs when it receives the signal from the repeater.

In the blocks menu, get an “if” block and click the setting to add an “else” to the bottom of it.

Then, get the “___ = ___” block in the logic section and set it to greater than or equal to. On one side, put the property for seconds and on the other side put the number 10. Put the whole thing at the top of the “if” block.

Now get a “set text” block and add a “create text with” block to it. On one side, put the property for minutes.

On the other side, put another “create text with” block and add text block with “:” in it and the property for seconds.

Then, copy the entire thing and and add a 0 to the text block. It should say “:0”

Add the first one to the top and and second one to the “else” spot. This is the final product.

You should now have a working custom timer on the on Ui! Enjoy!

3 Likes

Great first guide, @0Numerator!

Also welcome to the forums! :D
Please Never Use Repeaters (and a guide on looping)

5 Likes

Not trying to be rude, but has this been made before. Or is this one new :3

3 Likes

I think clock guides have been made before but only second timers (not minutes + seconds)[1]

1. I’m not sure ↩︎

3 Likes

this is SO COOOL
it’d help for thing like hide and seek
in all I give this a 10/10!
u get the rare suki’s seal of approval!

also welcome to the forums!
I hope u like it here!

8 Likes

I’m a little to lazy to take out all the repeaters, but I’ll note that for the future.

4 Likes

Haha! Yeah I still use repeaters sometimes!

It’s good to just try out the devices and see which ones you like!
If you like repeaters, use those! :grin:

You are one of THREE new users today! I shall now sing a song:
WELCOME TO THE GKC! HAVE A LOOK AROUND, ANYTHING THAT BRAIN OF YOURS CAN THINK OF CAN BE FOUND, WE’VE GOT MOUNTAINS OF CONTENT, SOME forum-beginners , AND SOME forum-tips , IF NONE OF THIS IS OF INTEREST TO YOU you’d be the first…

GREAT guide for a beginner by the way.

5 Likes

Great guide!

It’s not rare if you tried to give your seal of approval to a poll.

yeah I know i just said rare for fun

This is not true.

3 Likes

Sorry I didn’t search but thanks for looking :slightly_smiling_face:

but this is amazing for a new user
don’t flag it he does not know how the forum works (fully) yet.

1 Like

This is exactly why I want to make a guide on how the forums opperate, but I know it’s going to get flagged.

Guess I didn’t research enough. Should I change it or take it down or something? Honestly I just kinda felt smart for making it, so I just made a guide about it. It’s definitely not surprising it wasn’t a new topic, but I didn’t see one with minutes from my 5 seconds of looking.

But also who gives a craaaaap. I sure don’t. Comments complaining about duplicate guides are more annoying than the duplicates themselves at this point. This user has joined and made a guide that, let’s be honest, is pretty good. I don’t see a big reason to get rid of it tbh. On top of this, this persons approach is different from the other two guides that were linked on the subject.

Good guides are good guides imo, and as long as they aren’t copying each other (this is where guide duplicates become a problem, when people just copy each others work) so I see no problem here.

5 Likes

Honestly, I feel like this applies to everything- like seals of approval, replies saying “nice guide”, etc. Well said, bh

rela

2 Likes

How about instead of being off topic you simply ask me for feedback on your guide on the guide itself?

2 Likes

yeah just do that