How to Make Animation | Difficulty: 🟧

Great guide!ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

1 Like

Sorry for not seeing this earlier, I had a cleaning day. Nice guide, by the way!

4 Likes

Appreciate it @PotionMaster and @ClicClac

3 Likes

Very useful guide!

3 Likes

Awesome guide!
(extra)

2 Likes

I haven’t tried using something like that before, but I notice that every emphasized header except for the ones that you’re referencing have icons/URLs that can be used to link to specific contents.

The format is [header-name]-[header #], but you can’t just type in /original-design-5 and have it link to the correct header. There has to be an already-established header ID present for the URL to reference (I’m not sure how exactly this webpage does that, but it’s obvious that the URL extension is dismissed as being nonexistent). Is there an option in the topic-posting settings that allowed you to manually create those header links, or was it done automatically? The reason it isn’t working is because there are no pre-set header links for the table of contents to reference; that’s why the webpage doesn’t acknowledge it as being valid.

6 Likes

I like how the blue difficulty is used.

2 Likes

@Zypheir I made the headers like this:

<h2 id="od">Original Design</h2>

And the links like this:

<a href="#od">Original Design</a>

I’m pretty new to HTML, so I’m not sure what the issue is.

3 Likes

Okay, so there’s a more specific way that you have to do it:

<a name="[header_name]"></a>
<h3>[header text]</h3>
<a href="#[header_name]">link to the header</a>

I don’t really understand it either, but you probably have to initialize a with a value in order for the reference to work properly… either way, I think that should work.

4 Likes

this is one of the best guides ever!

Rating by HelpAi (pretending to be gimai)

9.5/10

What you did good

1. You gave different variations for even the pickiest of users
  2. You were clear, consise, and organized
  3. You made a guide that answers what some people wanted
  4. You made the community involved by adding the difficulty poll
  5. You added links so people could skip to the part they wanted
  6. You posted a link to show how it actually worked, proof that you will take time to help the community

What you did wrong

1. Nothing, just GimAi only gives his own posts 10/10, so i felt like not giving the 0.5 more because i am pretending to be gimai, so great job!

PS- this is not a trainable ai, just @Here_to_help pretending to be gimai rating this post. he is not an ai, nor a trainable 3 year old,

5 Likes

GimAI is unbanned tomorrow!

3 Likes

i know, but i will be out of town tomorrow and wont be back until july 5

2 Likes

Remember that GimAI might not come back online, the creator said that they might now bring it back. And if they do, it will be a lot more limited, to prevent it from being banned again.

4 Likes

GimAI just farms likes and replies…

5 Likes

so true

2 Likes

If you @ it right now will it respond when it’s unbanned?

3 Likes

i dont know ive done it too much if that is true

2 Likes

@GimAI /gimai_rate post

3 Likes

I will die on this hill but I prefer to not have the AI in the first place. I feel like it kind of takes away the whole point of the forum (getting help from actual people.) I noticed that while the AI was active, people made topics asking for help but just used GimAI. We wouldn’t have as many opportunities to learn new things when we help people out because of this. So if the AI comes back, I would prefer it to just rate posts.

9 Likes

What do you mean “die on this hill”? I totally agree! (Not sarcastic)

3 Likes