How to make a thing happen when you are in a certain space

In this guide, I will show you how to make something happen (In my case, to run a repeater) when you are in a area.

First, you place down a zone, then place down a counter and wire repeater. Set the wire repeater’s delay to 0.0. Then, make wires like this: Player enters zone -----> increment counter. Then, make these wires: Player leaves zone -----> Repeat the wire pulse and make these wires: When the wire repeater receives a pulse -----> Decrement counter. This is what it should look like now:

Then, place a property, call it “In zone” then edit the counter so that the when the counter changes, update a property. And change the property type to a number. Then, place down a checker and set it to check the value of the property. Make check one see if the property is one.

Then, place a repeater, and a life cycle and a relay. And then do this wiring:

and:

Then set the repeater’s delay to 0.5. And set the wires to this: Repeater runs task —> Run check And then do this wiring: Check passes -----> Do whatever you want to happen

Hope this helps!

5 Likes

Do note that zones can be adjustable so you can vary the size.

I know

Nice guide! Can you just wire the zone straight to the device that creates the action?

2 Likes

No, you can’t wire the same device to the same device.

Well, for example, if I wanted any players that enter the zone to gain a speed boost, I could just wire the zone to a speed modifier to save memory, right?

1 Like

Yes… But you can’t do that with some things.

Yeah, that would make sense.

Nice guide!

1 Like

Nice guide!

2 Likes

Thank you @BreathTaking and @Magenta_Dragon!

4 Likes

Nice guide!

2 Likes

Nice Guide, but could’t you make the title sound more general?
Isn’t this just Sticky Zones though?

1 Like

No… those are a zone that slows you down…

1 Like

Isn’t it the same general idea though?

1 Like

Ehhhhh… Ish. Not really though, that uses a speed modifier, this uses a property.

Don’t edit the title!!! Please change it back!

1 Like

PLEASE CHANGE THE TITLE BACK, AND ONLY EDIT THE POST WITH MY PERMISSION!

1 Like

Thank you. :+1:

1 Like

I was worred because the title didn’t really saw what the guide was about.

1 Like