Coralian Task Bar In Among us! 2/10 or đźź©

I understand that there is already a guide, but this is more user-friendly in my opinion!
(I haven’t made an among us map, so bare with me!)
The ever growing list of among us topics yippee.
Sadly, we cannot really create a “Bar” But we can say how many tasks are left!.
First, think how many tasks the crew mates will have, I will use 15. Place a trigger that has these settings near the crew mates spawn point.

Ok! Now make this block code inside of the trigger! This is basically saying, if a player joins in, then it should add 15 more tasks to the task bar since they are a crewmate.
Place down a repeater and wire it to… hm…
Now, what can we use to display this number…
How about a game overlay! A game overlay is a device that can be used to display information from anywhere on the map! Place one down!
Place down a repeater, that should only stop when receiving on a channel! When the task occurs, make it transmit on channel “Update”
Place down a lifecycle, this can be used to detect events, such as when the game starts, wire it to the repeater!
Back to the overlay, make a block for when receiving on channel “Update” It should have this code:

Now, get a property device, make it a number, with a default value of 0! A property can be used to track changes, or in this case, store a number!

Now think, when a task ends, do you have a trigger or button that ends it? Whatever it may be, make it transmit on channel “Decrement Task#”
This will remove a task every time one is complete!
Place a trigger with these settings:

Finally, add this block code:
Now, add an end game device that ends the game when receiving on channel " Crewmate Win"
And Thats it! This is what the final project should look like!

(I refreshed the c0de Page, it was hard to cut it without cutting information, I apologize!)
And that’s that!
Coral out! Happy Halloween! :coral: :candy:

10 Likes

How do you get to the block coding

3 Likes

On the menu of the device, click on it, and on the side it should say blocks, click on one!

4 Likes

Thank you! (I’m out of hearts)

6 Likes

Here’s a guide that may help you understand it more!

6 Likes

Thank you, that sums it up.

1 Like

Thanks @ClicClac

2 Likes

Wrong mention. To your credit we do have the same color.

5 Likes

Ok, I do this each time, am I hallucinating or something?
@NavyCatZ

4 Likes

Oh that’s what you’re talking about. Anyway, I like how you categorized the devices!

1 Like

(Out of likes)
Coral Liked your post

3 Likes

One thing, the exceptions need to come before the concatenated stuff, so it doesn’t broadcast on an undesired channel. Also, you could check if tasks = 0 (crew wins), tasks = 1 (one task left), then tasks >1 (Task# Tasks left!) Other than that, amazing guide! My protege is exceptional as always!

3 Likes

Thanks, I also noticed that you need to actually have the property at a default if 1, and then check if it’s at 1 not 0, otherwise the game ends the second it starts no matter where the trigger is
(Still out of likes)

4 Likes

Just a thought: shouldn’t the tasks Property start at 15, since you can’t run a game with no people, and increase by 15n-15 tasks, where n is the number of people? Just a thought.

3 Likes

Wdym, if it starts at 15 people would have to do 15 extra tasks, because 0 people = 0 tasks,
And 1 person = 15 tasks?

2 Likes

Can you run a game with 0 people? Oh, I see your point. Just don’t add 15 tasks for some person.

1 Like

No, that’s my point
@ClicClac

2 Likes

Yes! That’s why I made the max triggers setting 1 and it’s shared with a player scope!

2 Likes

If you have the host trigger a single use trigger at game start with a delay (so the game isn’t instantly won) that subtracts 15 tasks, it should work.

1 Like

I don’t understand, I get that at a default value of 0 the game is instantly won, but if it has a default value of 1, and it instead checks for the number 1 for crewmates to win, not 0, it should work, I tested this,
What do you mean @ClicClac

2 Likes