How To Cut Wires (GROUNDBREAKING TECH)

And that doesn’t matter, because it still runs in the same interval.

1 Like

Never thought of this. Very Cool.

1 Like

Wow. Just wow, the first post I saw and apparently it’s the most important Gimkit fact ever. I don’t know if that was fate or just a huge coincidence, but it’s crazy no matter what.

1 Like

Wow, welcome to the forum, @AlphaDragon77 and @McDonaldsCEO! I hope you like it here!

Yes, Shdwy is a genius. Seriously.

3 Likes

Thank you, @wingwave, the welcome party has been great so far!

2 Likes

Welcome over here, you two!
I think you’ll like it here lol

and @getrithekd @Apoll02 what I think is going on here is that whenever the wire cap is triggered, the cooldown is one second. it’s the weirdest stuff ever, but it doesn’t really matter when the cutter is run, as long as it’s before the counter increments. The reason the counter is incrementing is because at least one of the wires isn’t going through, which is good enough to let it pass the cap, right?

also ty wingwave you’re very kind

3 Likes

Thanks, @wingwave, I appreciate the warm welcome

2 Likes

So this is what you meant by Qmechs. Which way do the wires flow, into or out of the trigger?

1 Like

Out. Though, as long as there’s 2 simultaneous recursive wire systems, it doesn’t really matter.

The 2 output mechanism is just simpler.

1 Like

By recursive, how big of a delay can there be on the wire repeater?

1 Like

Assuming you’re talking about the cutter’s repeaters, the delay doesn’t matter as long as the pulse actually does go through. The confirmation mechanism shouldn’t matter too as long as you time it right.

1 Like

And I assume these two have to somehow traditionally connect to each other?

1 Like

No, the cutter and the control don’t need to connect at all.
As long as the cutter runs when the control sends a wire pulse, you know the cutter is working.

1 Like

Okay, I think I get it. The prevailing theory is that this fills up all the alotted slots for wires and kicks the reset wire out of the queue?

1 Like

Yeah, pretty much. It’s super weird.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums @AlphaDragon77

1 Like

Wires always go clockwise.

2 Likes

So we need to figure out how it organizes this, and the specific rules it follows in order for this to be useful.

1 Like

That’s not a very rigorous theory… First, we need to make the cap be for a specific time interval. This can be estimated for now. Also, what do you mean by a cooldown?

1 Like

Yes. More testing is always needed :+1:

and no @getrithekd no it is not
Cooldown was just a way to simplify it since the timer only seems to tick down when the cutter is run.

@Magenta_Dragon all it does is cut wires, the use depends on your game

2 Likes