Help with weapons ammo

So, i’m making a Gimkit map, i have this whole idea planned out and. It’s a zombie survival map, and you answer questions to get more ammo. There’s a setting to set the existing ammo before it runs out, but it just ends up reloading. So what i basically want to do is to make the gun run out of ammo, and make it unusable until they answer another question.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums @ThyeRoyaljoshii !

Don’t forget to check out the Forum beginners and forum-tips tag.

The Community Made Guides category is also very useful, posts there give you a gist of the rules and mechanics in Gimkit Creative.

While you’re at it, I suggest also reading the TOS and FAQ.

If you need help with anything, just ask! After all, this is a Community Forum :slight_smile:

Codes (click to open)

We have noticed that a lot of new users post pictures when asking for help and, hey, thats ok, but many people put codes within them :open_mouth: codes are not allowed :slight_smile: so if you want to post a code, put it on the wixsite!

https://gimkitcreative.wixsite.com/game-sharing/group/code-sharing

As you journey through life, may you find joy in every step, courage in every challenge, and inspiration in every moment. Me, Caternaught the art enthusiast, wishes you Great luck as you face through life’s problems. Remember, life isn’t about hating the mistakes you make, but the wisdom you find after.

• Caternaught

btw i have no idea :man_shrugging:

Ya know, I was just thinkin about this post and how it would not last.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums!

If you want to learn more about how GKC works, this guide should help!

Block code could also help you when working on your maps, so it’s a good idea to learn how it works!

This forum is for getting help on your GKC maps, but always make sure to search before you post!

The rules can be found in the Terms Of Service and Frequently Asked Questions.

I hope you enjoy your time here! We’re always ready to help in whatever we can!

2 Likes

Turn infinite refills off. Add a game overlay → questioner out of bounds in your map. Wire it so (when button pressed, open questioner). Wire the questioner to an item granter that grants ammo, so (if question answered correctly, grant item). Hope this helps! [1]

1. Really guys, 4 posts in a row that don’t help to solve the problem at ALL? ↩︎

7 Likes

@ClicClac i left my brain at home

2 Likes

If you don’t have anything that helps, don’t say you can’t help. It just creates more clutter.

GKC means Gim~Kit~Creative

1 Like

Maybe use a checker, and if that ammo reaches 0, take away the weapon using item granters. Then when question answered, give them another zapper back.

(This is just something real quick, also it might not work for all weapons because it could be confused among them, so you might need to use properties)

1 Like

Settings in bottom left corner > map settings > items
Screenshot 2024-05-07 9.52.00 AM
Then you make it so they get the gadget ammo when they answer questions

2 Likes

This post has been resolved, please mark a solution.

Um, the original poster hasn’t been active since the end of February. Check if users have been active before you post. @Dodecahedron, this was kinda 2 months ago… once again, check dates, activity, etc. before you post on a topic like this.

3 Likes

my bad I didn’t see the post above me

1 Like

Oh that’s my bad, I didn’t realize how old the post was. I had just had the same question and had looked it up, then figured it out and came back to share the answer in case anyone else looked this up wondering the same thing.

Can we mark a solution? :slight_smile:

Yes, this has gone on for a long time, and multiple valid answers were given. If the answers were not sufficient for your needs, please say so. There is no such thing as a dead help page until it is marked as a solution.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums!

hi what up you guys.

First you have to go to map options and find infinite refills set it to no.
AMMO quantum portals, heavy shards
Evil eyes ammo, heavy shards
pml, med shards
blaster, med shards
woodan wand, med shards
sling shot, med shards
zapper, light shards
snow ball launcher, snow ball

1 Like