Help with making a computer in gimkit that runs linux

The keyboard guide useful again :upside_down_face:

It was removed in the guide purge

3 Likes

Nevermind false alarm heh
yes it is useful

Who would get rid of useful guides?

Who would be that… (PG content for not that smart)

I remember someone made a game in a game

they used emojis to make a working 8 bit gimkit platformer before platformer was ever a thing

3 Likes

the mods

like blackhole?

2 Likes

No no I mean on the wix a year ago some guy made a 8 bit game where it was a working 8 bit type of game where you could move and do stuff

1 Like

STAP
yapping about whatever this is
it off-topic
b.o.t
NOW

With the small selection of devices in Gimkit, I don’t believe that this is possible, but you could potentially make something similar using showing and hiding props. You could only make a side-scroller, but what you could do is put a sentry in the middle that can “move” (by showing and hiding props) using buttons.
You won’t be able to have much function out of it, but you can make some sort of mini game out of it in a puzzle game, maybe?

no it is on topic were trying to see if we remember the thing and how it was made and if the OP wants it

Someone should make a guide on this, I can already imagine the title-

How To Make A Computer in Gimkit (11/10 :red_square:)
Topic-Type: community-made-guidelines (Community Made Guides)
Tags: clay-institute

well that would be more of a theory thing since uuuh
the stuff in a computer that makes even just the screen appear and have something like the screen you see it takes a lot of built in stuff

Especially looking at the small little numbers on the motherboard, That is every single little signal being sent to your computer to make it function

Ohhhhh
Yeah…
Sorry.
Uhhhhh
This is complicated, it used pixel art, probably extremely complicated

So to conclude this topic @Username2 its Theoretically plausible but not possible at this time

And Oh yeh I think I am going to call dibs on a Theory guide on a Gimkit Computer since Im in a computer science class and would love to make a theory topic about this

Yeah, if you’ve seen what people use to make computers in Minecraft to even play just a simple game of pong, you would know that computers in Gimkit are next-to-impossible. Especially to play Gimkit with.

Yeah…
They would probably run out of memory, keyboard takes up alot

thats why its going to be a Theoretical possibility
Since computers we use today took many many years to make a functional one
but we could come close in Gimkits abilities

Yessir
now to mark solution
But anythings possible I guess

if you want to make gimkit in gimkit, you could either make:

• a massive text renderer that idk how to make
  • just use the current gkc layout

and then recreate everything in your gimkit game

idk really i’m just going to go back to working on assignments now

1 Like

I call dibs on making the audio part

you get CPU :skull:

jk

The audio part would be the selected song you have.

3 Likes