GKC Blocking Theory

We have a map. Here is the device interaction map (shows the channel and wire connections):

It looks ugly, right? It’ll be really hard to debug. This guide will show you how to improve your map logistics and organization.

So first, how do we want to debug? We want to know where the bug occurs and in what system. So, we organize the devices by system. But that’s not enough! The interactions are fundamentally intertwined! This means that to debug, we’ll have to dive into a bowl of noodles. So here, I introduce a concept of boxing.

What do I mean? I mean that sort things into device systems, and the devices can only be wired or broadcast to devices within its own system and a central hub that does all the main stuff. Properties and triggers/buttons that activate the systems are part of the central hub. So now lets look at the device interaction map:

This is so much better! Now we can activate and deactivate systems so much easier! We can activate certain systems for certain people, check what is causing the bug, and much more!

WARNING: This concept can reduce efficiency. To increase efficiency, you can break the rule a bit if you’re using devices like tag zones. But those devices are usually part of the central/main hub.

You can use this concept for minigames and other things. I’ve used that in my voting system.

15 Likes

NIce guide @getrithekd! Though i am a bit lost on the first image, it looks like scribbles, can you explain?

2 Likes

That’s because it is scribbles.

3 Likes

same looks like scribbles but i think hes trying to say that at first its just messy

Oh, thank you for telling me that, @getrithekd you might want to say that in your guide.

1 Like

so to put simply i think he´s just saying to organize ur devices so u can debug more easier

1 Like

It also lets you do more stuff with your device systems.

1 Like

true

Wow! This is really smart! Good job!

1 Like

Can you add screen shots showing examples? I’m not completely sure what you mean.

Basically, a device system can be active gated and deactivated by the central hub without affecting any their device systems.

1 Like

I think auto-correct made a mistake :rofl: but thanks.

1 Like

Great guide! Love the extra pictures!

2 Likes

bump and this is basically just an organization system?

2 Likes

Yes. It helps with debugging and organization.

1 Like

understood nothing
absentmindedly pressed heart button cauz it looks kool

3 Likes

introducing:

the gkc bumping theory~

1 Like

The best theory in existance of theories. Just like this is one of the best organization guides in the existance of organization guides.

2 Likes

bump