Gimkit's Quantum Mechanics: Help Needed

Can you give a better explanation of quantum mechanics? like, is it just seeing how many times you can run a trigger at once and stuff like that?

3 Likes

What should be experimented with is props, as they can be used as a channel converter

Wdym a channel converter? And props are relatively simple.

True, props there is not much to, but what is a channel converter.

I think a channel converter is like a trigger when it receives on a channel then broadcasts on a different one.

@Mineflyer , props cannot broadcast on a channel except when they are destroyed, so this will not work.

A ‘channel converter’ is called a signal pusher in our technical-speak. (and by ‘our’ I mostly mean mine, but I’m finding most of the things anyways so its ok)

And, TimeMechanic, there’s a lot of different quantum mechanics, and explaining all of them we know would take a solid 10 minutes to type out, given how much I write. However, I can explain two things. One, quantum mechanics in general:

Quantum mechanics are anything to do with Gimkit’s hidden mechanics. These aren’t the things blatantly advertised, so something like triggers pushing signals isn’t a quantum mechanic. AUO, recursion, and adjacent editing are all quantum mechanics.

And two, what I’m talking about here, adjacent recursion:

Let’s say you have a trigger that broadcasts and receives on channel ‘a’, with a delay of 1 second. That is continuous recursion, since it will go forever. Now imagine 2 of those exact triggers. That’s continuous adjacent recursion. It does weird things.
Now imagine 4 of those triggers, at a delay of .1 instead of 1.
That will send out 300 or 301 signals and then stop. That’s what I’m talking about.

4 Likes

So is there a channel cap that’s higher?

1 Like

That’s interesting, so is that how the 300 increments per second happens? i’ve heard of that. But why does it stop at 300?

Because recursion without a delay stops at 300 repetions.

1 Like

Just last week I found a way to hardlock my game but I ended up deleting it so I could make bedwars map but I hardlocked it using recursion

i always wondered what a hardlock was ever since i heard about softlock. can you explain it?

How did you hardlock it? I don’t think that means what you think it means…

@TimeMechanic hardlocking a map means you permanently disable it from being edited ever again

@ClicClac:

permanently disable it from being edited ever again

3 Likes

Really? An actual hardlock would need to be reported and the technique explained do no one else would do it.

Like, @Shdwy, could you edit your map afterwards?

Oh wow that’s drastic.

@ClicClac It wasn’t @Shdwy 's map it was @ThatGim 's

Oh I guess I didn’t hardlock it, it was just so laggy I could hardly move in the slightest and everything was running at around 3-7 fps

That’s normal. GKC is so laggy and prone to errors that this happens all the time.

1 Like

Kind of true, though.

So I just thought of something interesting with recursion. It’s pretty memory efficient, and I figured someone on this thread may find it interesting.

The idea: make recursion with only a property and a counter. Have the counter update the property. Have the property transmit on a channel that makes the counter increment. Set the property to transmit a value change on game start.

Now the recursion will start at the start of the game, and we only used 35 memory!

1 Like

Huh. Just tried it, and it instantly sets the counter to 300.

Because that’s the recursion limit without a delay.