Gimkit's Quantum Mechanics: Help Needed

I’m going to mess around with this a little more.

1 Like

Sure!

So, I connected a trigger → reset counter to the device system, and after 3-6 triggers of the trigger, the counter stopped counting to 300 and stayed at 0.

1 Like

Can’t we just set the starting value of the property to 300? How would that be useful?

Also, Clic, WHAT?
I’m gonna go test that real quick…

I’m just saying it’s a different way to do recursion.

Apparently device order or device placement also matters. For example I placed down three end of game widgets all of them set to featured. and depending on the order/position that they were in determined which one was shown on top, middle, and bottom.

Yeah, that’s called AUO, but the more technically correct term is ‘resolution.’

Cmon ra***t m*mm*l, you should know this lol

Bruh but why does this only work currently for end game widgets? I must be going crazy.

It doesn’t. This is a well-known device-independent phenomenon. It occurs everywhere.

CHAT I THINK THERE MIGHT BE A CHANNEL CAP

AND I THINK IT MIGHT BE THE SAME AS THE WIRE CAP

BUT ITS STILL AN INDEPENDENT SYSTEM

CHAT THIS IS INSANE

IS THIS REAL
OMG CAN THIS KEEP GETTING SMALLER LOL

no it cant

Ok, so I just was running a looped recursion system and then BAM channels only send 300 signals per second. It seems that the 300 signals/second thing is constant for wires AND channels. However, it’s independent between the two, and within the channel category, each channel seems to have its own limit.

THIS IS REVOLUTIONARY!!!

5 Likes

I dont know if this a bug or not but sometimes with counter timers a repeater will speed up or decremeant the counter by 2.

That sounds like a concurrent tasks issue.
Also, why are you using repeaters? They are literally useless.

2 Likes

To decremeant the counter every second.

I think what he tried to say is that you can use another type of recursion, like counters and triggers?

2 Likes

But that would take up more memory

No, repeaters are far more expensive than trigger loops or wire repeater loops.

2 Likes

Ok thanks then for telling me! I didn’t pay attention I guess.

Assuming WhoAmI was talking about what I thought he was talking about, yes, I mean repeaters can be simulated with other devices with literally less than 1/10th of the memory. Repeaters are the most godawful and redundant devices in the game and their 500 memory cost is absurd. (no offense devs)

In fact, the only unique setting on repeaters is the “Max Concurrent Tasks” setting, which I had no idea about for a long time. We actually can’t do that with any other devices, as far as I know. That would be a cool thing to figure out how to simulate!

The issue it sounds like you’re having is an issue with the repeater getting triggered multiple times.
Either way, this is not a quantum mechanic, and you are better off making a help post about it lol

@CassiusDoomlorde OH GOD PLEASE TELL ME YOU DIDNT JUST SAY A TRIGGER AND WIRE REPEATER
You literally only need the trigger. It receives on channel X. It sends on channel X. Maybe you could justify calling it a 50 memory output if you’re triggering the loop with something other than channel X. But please never ever ever ever ever use a trigger loop with a wire repeater. That’s sinful. Repent :pray:

@getrithekd that’s true, that’s true.
and its STILL more efficient than repeaters lol

6 Likes

[post deleted by author]

1 Like

Conc tasks is easily simulated through a few modulated counters and start/end task triggers.

1 Like

if you’re trying to delete something, at least do it right