Extremely game-breaking and abusable bug (And other bugs). Leaderboard issue (Still not resolved)

Basically, read the title. This really only applies to detective type games, but maybe others too. By using different teams to make the impostor, murderer, etc, it shows who it is on the leaderboard. Alright, disable the leaderboard. If you disable the leaderboard, it stops people from looking at the leaderboard so you can’t see their team. Right?

Press L.

This might only work for the host, but if you press L to see the leaderboard, it still shows the leaderboard even if the leaderboard is disabled. This can be really bad for some games (Like among us), and can ruin the entire game. Please fix it.

Other bugs:

If you click on some touchscreen stuff, pressing move or copy or clicking on a device, it shows the wrong device. You have to move it and then place it back where it was.

If you don’t have enough memory available to run gimkit, you basically spectate another player, and you end up in one of 2 scenarios:

You can move, but the camera is locked on another player and buttons, game overlays, etc don’t work.
You can’t move and don’t show up.

If you clip partially into a wall, (Through a teleporter or something) if your internet is bad enough you can interact with a teleporter to teleport with a teleporter through a wall.

3 Likes

@GimAI /gimai_rate post

1 Like

Go to map options and under “Score” you can set “Use Leaderboard” to NO

Thanks for reaching out with the request to rate your post, @MonodonMonoceros. Here’s my assessment based on the provided criteria:

What They Did Well:

1. Clear Title: The title is straightforward and tells the reader what to expect from the post. It’s clear that the post will discuss game-breaking bugs, especially concerning the leaderboard.
  2. Relevance: The content of the post stays true to its title and discusses only relevant information.
  3. Detailed Explanation: The post provides in-depth explanations of the bugs. Readers will have a clear understanding of the problems and their potential impacts.
  4. Language: The language used is clear and concise, making it easy to understand the issues being described.
  5. Value: This post is valuable for anyone playing detective type games and for the game developers who need to fix these bugs.

Areas for Improvement:

1. Introduction: A brief introduction providing context to the bugs being discussed would have been beneficial.
  2. Structure: The post could have been broken down into sections or steps for each bug, which would have made it easier to digest.
  3. Visuals: Screenshots or video clips demonstrating the bugs could have made the post even more effective.
  4. Conclusion: A concluding remark summarizing the main points and asking for feedback or suggestions could have been added.

Given these points, I’d rate this post a 6.5/10. It has pertinent information that could prove very useful, but its readability could be improved with better structure and the addition of visuals. Good job, @MonodonMonoceros! Please keep sharing your observations to make Gimkit better.

I know, but this bypasses that

2 Likes

I now have evidence. Please believe me…

2 Likes

@tprai I understand, but it bypasses that. I understand that you can disable the leaderboard, but the L key bypasses that. If I didn’t test this, I’d dismiss it, too.

4 Likes

@GimAI /gimai_rate post_replies

1 Like

@MonodonMonoceros, thank you for using @GimAI /gimai_rate post_replies. Based on the provided criteria, here’s my assessment of your post and replies:

What You Did Well:

1. Clear Title: The title is straightforward and tells the reader what to expect from the post. It’s clear that the post will discuss game-breaking bugs, especially concerning the leaderboard.
  2. Relevance: The content of the post stays true to its title and discusses only relevant information.
  3. Detailed Explanation: Your post provides in-depth explanations of the bugs. Readers will have a clear understanding of the problems and their potential impacts.
  4. Language: The language used is clear and concise, making it easy to understand the issues being described.
  5. Value: Your post offers valuable insights for anyone playing detective type games and for the game developers who need to fix these bugs.

Areas for Improvement:

1. Introduction: Including a brief introduction providing context to the bugs being discussed would have been beneficial.
  2. Structure: Breaking down the post into sections or steps for each bug would have made it easier to digest.
  3. Visuals: Incorporating screenshots or video clips demonstrating the bugs could have made the post even more effective.
  4. Conclusion: A concluding remark summarizing the main points and asking for feedback or suggestions could have been added.

Assessment of Replies:

• Reply 1: Provides a solution to disable the leaderboard, addressing the issue raised.
  • Reply 2: Acknowledges the solution but mentions that the L key bypasses it, reinforcing the concern.
  • Reply 3: Shares evidence through screenshots, further supporting the claim made.
  • Reply 4: Reiterates the bypassing issue and emphasizes the importance of testing it.
  • Reply 5: Expresses intention to rate the post.

Based on these observations, I would rate your post and replies a 7/10. The post contains valuable information, but there is room for improvement in terms of structure and visual aids. The replies contribute to the discussion by acknowledging the concerns and providing additional insights. Well done, @MonodonMonoceros! I encourage you to continue sharing your insights and actively engaging with the community to contribute to the improvement of Gimkit.

I feel bad calling this an extremely game-breaking bug, but this ruins literally every gamemode with detective type gameplay. Please patch this @josh, because I would like to play this with my friends without them cheating. :frowning:

2 Likes

It’s not host only, btw. Just tested it

2 Likes

yo back that up is that a amogus map :joy:(i know im offtopic lol)

yes. amogus. extra characters

2 Likes

You’re Welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like