Different Block Functions Within One Block Help

You have a block that update’s when the player clicks a button or whatever right? So add a block that also updates the property for total clicks.

you cant wire things to a property…

1 Like

I’ll send a picture in a sec

oh ok then

1 Like

You’d have to add an end of game widget that tracks the clicks property.

Yes, that’s what I am saying…

Instead, make it player-scoped, the button. Then, when the button is clicked, it increments a counter, which then updates a property. Use channels.

i have that, and i want an item granter to update the property. does the picture showing the system work or do i need to make a new block?

1 Like

Yeah that works.

You can just use channels.

Here’s the pictures. You don’t need an item granter or anything to do with items, because you’re tracking the total clicks, not the current. I’d also recommend not using items in general, because block code + properties are easier on memory and faster.

They mean the picture in the original post. It should work.

1 Like

Oh…alright.

1 Like

I think you need to snap the blocks together…

3 Likes

If you’re not using a button for the clicks, you can also use a broadcast from whenever you detect that the player gained a click.

1 Like

oh yeah just did. are there any other modifications i need?

3 Likes

im using a game overlay for the button, but im using an item granter to actually update the property

2 Likes

Wait–why is that?

i was following this guide:

1 Like

Nope.

If you’d like then once I’m finished with making 1/2 player chess I’ll go ahead and make a clicker guide. (already planning D&D, a deathrun, and a platformer).