Device category [do not reply]

What is the device category even for? Everything I’ve seen posted in it could have been posted somewhere else.

7 Likes

Maybe devices is for understanding how a device works and asking questions about their mechanics? I don’t really know.

3 Likes

what, like property and stuff?
i think its just gimkit being tidy and orderly :grin:

3 Likes

I feel like the devices section should be turned into a subcategory of help.

7 Likes

yeah
bugs people cant do much , cos generally its something with the persons computer
and technically people post on here cos they Need HELP so i dont get why it isnt just one big HELP section

5 Likes

yeah, 90% of all the posts fall into the help section.

4 Likes

Wait, who was @CoolKat ? I’m pretty sure they changed their name, or they were the one behind GimAI. But idrk

4 Likes

@CoolKat doesn’t seem to be active that much anymore. Strange, as they got user of the month.

4 Likes

yeah, @CoolKat only has around 11 awards, meanwhile most of the active people like the avengers (you should know) have 20+

3 Likes

Yep. @CoolKat has been around only for a week.

3 Likes

I’m guessing the reason they were awarded user of the month was because they received the most likes from moderators - the badge requirements take into account how often your posts are liked by specific people, and those two were the ones who had the most frequently liked posts by moderators.

5 Likes

agreed, but @Pharlain has only liked them:
so it basically must be jeffo if that is true

2 Likes

I’m guessing either moderators aren’t allowed to get the badge (because it’s based on how often people like your posts, with moderators prioritized) or those likes were given after May 31. I don’t completely understand how it works, but that was the similarity I’ve noticed in people who were awarded the badge.

5 Likes

by

i meant it must be jeffo’s likes determining it and possibly jeffo deciding it

5 Likes

Yep - CoolKat was also the person who had the most Jeffo-liked posts, so that would make sense

6 Likes

well i mean im pretty sure no one has gotten liked by jeffo this month, so how are they gonna decide?

4 Likes

yeah, kind of biased if you think about it. if they had a community voting day, say, the first day of the new month to vote on last month, with all of the qualifing people availiable to be voted, it would be more of a community desicion

3 Likes

well actually they liked blackhole927, and some random people, but that’s just unfair! Blackhole927 deserves uotm honestly, but i’ve never even seen some of the people that jeffo liked make consistent guides, or give consistent help. Voting is a good idea. Every trust level could be weighed differently, and every trust level would all vote at different times. For example, take a look at this chart:

Trust Level 0: 10% Weighted
Trust Level 1: 20% Weighted
Trust Level 2: 30% Weighted
Trust Level 3 and 4: 40% Weighted

3 Likes

I’m not entirely sure - it’s possible that it could just be based on who has received the most likes overall, but I guess we’re just going to have to wait and see.

@Here_to_help Agreed - I’m guessing that they thought moderator preferences would be less biased overall, but it does occasionally prevent people from getting their posts seen by people who would be able to give them that credence. Then again, it is just a badge, so I suppose they weren’t too concerned about making the system as accurate as possible.

5 Likes

Jeffo was one of the first people to like TTT.

2 Likes