Debate topic compilation

You can only attach 6 wires to a trigger. I need to attach 8.

Could you show me why you need 8 wires?

This is a system for finding which button was pressed. Each button is wired to a trigger on the top and right, making coordinates.

How about I mess with variables to see if I can break the property limit…

Well, it seems as though variables are properties stored in blocks. Variables do not carry over, but they are perfect for storing a property in a single device. Also, if you want to make reversible changes to the value of a property, variables are perfect for that. Variables can also be set to text.

1 Like

Here, have something confusing block code
This will activate only if ONE of the properties (josh gamkit, toag) equals 1.

3 Likes

So say we use the same block twice. Does the variable carry over?

1 Like

No, if I understand what you mean, it does not carry over.

2 Likes

Lol, all those buttons and wires and such is a nightmare.

1 Like

Wait, how does the setting of the variable work? How can you set something to a logic block?

1 Like

A logic block returns either true or false. I think that true is 1, and false is 0, but @Blackhole927 might correct me on that.

Oh, so if they equal one, then it will be true. Otherwise false. So wouldn’t you check for true/false? I don’t think that is how the numbers would work.

Well, Black Hole just wanted to be complicated.

2 Likes

I swear i’m not overcomplicating things.

So setting a varible to an equal block will set it to a true or false value.
Now, keep in mind that gimkit is based in javascript. Javascript has this weird thing where you can add different data types, so for example true + 'lol" = “truelol”. We can abuse this.

(1 * a)

The above code will result in a 1 if a is true, and a 0 if not. So,

(1 * a) + (1 * b) == 1

The above code will therefore check if only ONE of the a or b properties is true.

This seems overcomplicated, but I understand it. I don’t think that we will use it, unless we convert the number to a stri- WAIT CAN WE ADD STRINGS?

Maybe

Yeah, just put them in a varible

Can we subtract strings then?

No, JS doesn’t support that.

1 Like

Ok, this makes more sense now, thanks!