Debate about Unnecessary Tags

Continuing the discussion from ( :loudspeaker: PSA!) Always make a control room:

2 Likes

We need to make a strict definition of each tag. A lot of tags are very vague about what they are for, like informational .

1 Like

tutorial is the worst, literally the meaning of Community Made Guides.

1 Like

Here’s an idea for tags: Request that people allow regulars to tag their posts, instead of them, to prevent tag misuse.

1 Like

Also, we should use this post to write up a proper welcome to the forums info post.

1 Like

If that’s not possible, one thing we really need is a way to remove tags from the autofill thing.

1 Like

There are 18 beginner must reads.

1 Like

And most of them are also forum-tips :sunglasses:

This guide can probably just be removed. Is that ok do you think?

1 Like

Along with the intro to gimkit creative tutorials, the game has a built in one after all.

1 Like

To start off easy, what is/should be the definition of a PSA?

1 Like

There’s a way to do that, I looked in Lxforums.

1 Like

Right- when I made the first PSA, it was to inform the users of the old forum that guides were disappearing, and something was being done about it, and josh had been contacted to resolve the situation. I wrote it because the forums were being flooded with panic posts. It did actually stop the panic posts as it was supposed to.

PSAs were never meant to be about creative. They were meant to be important announcements about the forum.

2 Likes

So, just something to be used in a significant point in time? It’s heavily misused then.

1 Like

It is, and it has always slightly ticked me off.

1 Like

There is only one PSA on this forum that actually follows the original use:

1 Like

Anyway, I have nothing better to do, do you all want to rework the beginner must read tag?

1 Like

I don’t think you are automatically able to delete unused tags, but it is possible to bulk delete them manually. Maybe I’ll contact Jeffo once this conversation is over.

1 Like

Alright sure. Do you think it should be able to apply both to the forums and GKC?

1 Like