Chess in gimkit

Is there a way to make chess in gimkit with props as the pieces and stuff?
I have been really interested in making a chess minigame in my 3 lives map

1 Like

I suppose this might be impossible, but if not, it may take a whole lot of memory.

2 Likes

-ClicClac, 2023.

2 Likes

If for some reason you do decide to take on chess, here are some ideas:

Although, I thought about it and I decided not to. I am doing checkers, and there are other options as well.

2 Likes

That was when I was still figuring GKC out.

I officially turn that NO into a maybe.

2 Likes

Chess is still very hard. I would call myself advanced, but I would never do that. Checkers has a pattern, so once Monopoly is done that is my goal. If for some reason I still have room left in my maps I was suggested to do Sorry from my Gimkit Nerd friend. Also, @Graystripe, are you advanced at Gimkit?

2 Likes

I would not want to do chess, but maybe if I was crazy I would be able to have the time and patience to pull it off.

2 Likes

Well, maybe you could. Just a lot of block code and data, as well as knowledge of how chess works. You would be one of the people to pull it off. (:black_large_square:)

2 Likes

Ok you know its really not that hard to simulate every position on the chessboard.
You just have to have a prop for each peice and each square, and turn them on and off.

2 Likes

Yeah, much different than checkers where you just need a checker piece in every square.

2 Likes

Actually, what if you had:

64 pieces of text

and

64+ properties

to describe the state of the board

2 Likes

This would work. However, the block code would be incrediblly tricky.

1 Like

And 32 more properties to describe the position of the pieces on the board

Maybe.

I’m just spitballing.

2 Likes

propbably the most compressed way to store the board would be with Number Encoded Data strings. This would require 16 properties.

2 Likes

How do those work?

2 Likes

Store each peice as a number between 1 and 12 (all possible peices, with white and black) and store each row in two properties with this:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.