Can you increase max health in the middle of a game?

So I’m working on a sort of roguelike dungeon crawler with 5 bosses, and I’m trying to make it hard, issue is if I’m trying to make it hard the players need a lot of health. Since we don’t have a max health changer, is it possible to change max health through other methods?

Try putting your health at half of what it’s supposed to be, like 100 HP and 0 Shield. Then, you can use health granters
btw, welcome to the forums!

2 Likes

nevermind, with the way it’s structured it’s currently not possible

Health upgrades will activate health granters, which will up their health.
If you want pseudo-health, though, that is another story.

Hey, read this totally inspiring guide! This will give you hope!

1 Like

Then I guess it’s not possible yet.

but the issue with the only known solution to the current problem is that every so often there’s healing pools which heal you for 100 health.

It is possible. It’s very simple once you know blocks.
You may want to unmark the solution.

Maybe you could make the player start with this

Then, add health granters. This will make you start with 100 HP and 100 Shield, but make you able to add to that shield with health granters (Just don’t make shield cans available)

1 Like

well I suppose that is the one part I’m not very familiar with

hmm, instead of increasing max health, maybe make a health upgrade connected to a repeater that will repeat the health upgrade making it so that the player will barely lose health.

If you’re going to say that it’s very simple, then why don’t you explain it to them? Don’t just cut off the answer.

1 Like

Use this to begin your knowledge on blocks!

1 Like

There’s a shield can limit in the game already, so that’s covered.

1 Like

Ah okay, I’ll do it

1 Like

@Build-pleasse , instead of showing tutorials, maybe show them how to do it yourself?

1 Like

Oh, right lol
I don’t use shield cans on a daily basis so yeah

1 Like

This’ll take me a good moment, wait

That’s- the whole purpose of guides. To link to instead of explaining all of it.

Except Build-pleasse doesn’t link a guide that helps.

Huh. I thought it was to explain it yourself…