Bounty Hunting system

I am building a wild-west game where you have to hunt bounties. For solo players, you can hunt sentries, but I am trying to figure out how to give players a bounty. Specifically, I need to know how to make a text device become a players name, but I don’t know how. I also need the bounty value to work, because I want it so that when a player kills a non-hostile sentry, they gain a bounty, and when another player kills them, the player who was killed loses their bounty, and the player who killed them gains their money. How can I make this work?

1 Like

You can add to a bounty by using the addition block on a property representing your bounty level. You can reset it by using block code on a KO manager that sets the property to 0 when KO’d

Do you want bounties in your game to always be around or manually started?
And if they are started manually, do you want it to be a specific player or random?

I can try to make a system for you when I get a chance.

I want the bounties to be manually started. I also want it to always be a specific player.

That would be very hard to make. I know that you can get the names of players using a relay to set the player’s name to a property, but you would have to make a system of 60 separate properties to account for selecting a specific bounty.

I still want to make this work, right now, I am trying to figure out how I would make the reward system. Basically, I want to figure out right now how I can make the player who killed the player with a bounty gain cash equal to the knocked out players bounty.

How are you selecting the player that has the bounty? Is the bounty amount already stored in a property?

Yes, the bounty is stored in a property and increases everytime a player kills a sentry

Ok, the reward is easy I’ll make it when I can.

1 Like

Thanks! The help is greatly appreciated

1 Like

Does the Bountry apply to everyone?

The bounty does not apply to everyone, just the specific player

It the person with the bounty the only person who can be killed?

no, everyone can be killed, its just that if you kill someone without a bounty, you bounty increases

1 Like

The property “bounty” is the amount of the bounty, “bounty target” is the name of the player who has the bounty.

• Relay

Bottom

Top Wires

Bottom Wires

• Wire Repeater

Wires

• Trigger

No Changes Needed

Bottom

Top Blocks

• Item Granter

Blocks