Blocking sentry weapons causes problems

could you just use a prop instead of a sentry? that way you can attack it, but it can’t attack you

2 Likes

Oh.

Yeah, that’s smart and you could just add more props/pixel-art to make it look like a sentry

2 Likes

But I want it to be alive. I’ll go with @getrithekd’s idea and see if it works.

1 Like

ok.

For more info, check this out!

1 Like

How about this?

1 Like

It didn’t work, the sentry can shoot me through the barriers. I think it might be because I turned collision of because I want the player to walk up to it and either accept or refuse the quest.

Can’t you just put props around the sentry? The sentry won’t be able to shoot through it and it’ll look at bit more decorative.

But then wouldn’t you not be able to fire back at it too?

Oh, they need that, too? I’ll run some random tests.

I did put props around it, it still shot through it. I don’t know what I did wrong.

there’s a small spot in the sentry where the range stems from if you block that one bit the sentry wont shoot but can be attacked

1 Like

got the spot
it wont attack but you can attack it
it works bc the range stems from one spot if you cover that spot it cant see

1 Like

Maybe set the sentry to the same team as you then but a rock prop on top of it with collsion off and is invisible and have the damage on with the same amount of damage as a sentry would take. Then wire the rock prop to the sentry having it as: prop destroyed → deacitivate sentry. Then wire the rock prop to a wire repeater: prop destroyed → run wire pulse. Have the wire repeater’s delay as 10 seconds, then wire the wire repeater to the sentry: run wire pulse → activate sentry. That should work

1 Like

Ok, I’ll try it.

Did it work?
If it did, don’t forget to mark a solution!

1 Like

That one also didn’t work.

Also, I wanted him to be on team two because he is going to be important later.

Ok sorry that didn’t work. I was tossing out an idea I thought that worked. Oops

1 Like