Bitwise operations in gimkit

Ok.

You have properties that store data for each square, right? 8 number properties, right? I just realized that discovered checks are A PAIN!

No not at all.
It’s 64 properties lol

Ok. That’ll be easier to do then. My idea is to have like a line of sight function for each type of piece. Not sure on where to go from there though.

lets stay on topic guys :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face:

This will only get solved after chess gets solved :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face:

2 Likes

umm acually… just make a new topic :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face:

I’m going to keep track of the kings position, and just check the squares around him for pieces, to look for checks.

Hey so i dont mean this to be personal or anything but are you guys in highschool?
I noticed this is extremely advanced for mean i just want to know so I can scale how good i should be for my age group ya know. sry kinda off topic

Be as good as you can possibly be, nobody will ever judge you

Are you being sarcastic?

2 Likes

No. A million times no.

Um, well, I judge everyone.

5 Likes

Perhaps a revised version:
Nobody will judge you publicly

5 Likes

What would your game do if a queen is across the board, but still checking the king?

It checks all the squares that the king could be checked from.

Also, back on topic. If you want to know more about chess, make a help post.

What if there is a queen checking the king, but a knight is blocking? How would you detect blocking check?

Move your king

Make a help post if you want to know more about the details of chess.

1 Like