Bitwise operations in gimkit

Sorry, but it’s true. Now I suggest we all get back on-topic, especially in these times.

5 Likes

perhaps to solve the problem, Blackhole should contact an coding expert

The thing is, Blackhole is the coding expert.

4 Likes

and I am the opposite
honestly, the equation would look a whole lot cleaner if all the "floor"s were replaced by their actualy symbols

True dat. Just use unicode!

um so how does this work into gimkit creative and what kind of map are you making that needs an einstien equation

2 Likes

So, Blackhole927 needs to make a color display and bitwise operations (not einstein equations) can help him.

3 Likes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

idk man

2 Likes

but what map would he be needing this for

Stay on topic……

If I hadn’t joined a day before it was given out I would’ve been it…

Let’s stop talking about NUOTM. This would just get more and more off topic.

1 Like

Sorry for suggesting this for the third time @Blackhole927, but we could use a mod and floor function to check a bit and then act accordingly. In real computers, this would take much more memory, but this is GKC, not a computer.

3 Likes

Where you go bit by bit?

The original reason I asked this question was to check if a specific bit was on, rather than doing a binary operation. This might work, I’ll test it when I’m done with chess.

No, just for the bit we want.

2 Likes

Ok. How far are you on chess?

2 Likes

I have to add checks, checkmate, preventing pieces from teleporting through each other, special cases, and taking turns.

That’s a lot… Can I help you?

It’s actually not a large workload. Most of it is just me finding motivation to work on the systems. Thinks like checks and checkmate are pretty easy, pass through prevention is what is giving me a headache.