Bitwise operations in gimkit

I can’t. I am working on the checkers guide.

Who’s doing chess then? I thought you were. Oh nvm, it was monopoly.

Paste into google doc.
Make topic.
Copy from google doc into draft.

That’s so smart ngl, helps keep out wip 's therefore less clutter

Let’s stay focused

3 Likes

Can you mark a solution already? I honestly don’t think anyone knows how to do that math but God. Also, what is clay-institute ?

As long as this post doesn’t turn into a chat post (don’t be off-topic i don’t want to lose you guys), we should keep it open as Blackhole927 and getrithekd are still brainstorming.

clay-institute are the hardest problems on the forum that would “open up a new world of projects and games” if answered.

Let’s keep going, folks. If you want to make a post about chess, make it. Not here.

3 Likes

The hardest problems on the forum.

To learn about where the name came from, read here:

I might get lost, I go 4 more flags today, I’m at a total of 23 (I think)

Shinyrowlet. This post you made was an off-topic post. Please… your flags aren’t about this post.

I’ve been wondering… how fast did the loop solution go?

1 Like

My bad, my bad. Do the mods understand how hard it is to stay on-topic??? Aren’t you the math guy? Don’t you know this stuff?

The solution getrithekd proposed solves my original problem, but not the bitwise operations one.

I’m not sure a summation explicit formula for modulo functions even exists.

Actually, here is one quote I remember from a page I have bookmarked for Math 1

Technically, it’s possible to find an explicit expression for the latter (finite) sum, but it’s most likely going to be rather unwieldy.

1 Like

What is the latter?

1 Like

No clue it was from college prep last year (bogus class, I quit)

1 Like

The highlight of the solution:
This can be seen easily:

an+20=n2+41n+4202mod10=n(n+1)2mod10+(20n+210)mod10=an+0

1 Like

Imagine getting unformatted in Discourse…

3 Likes

So basically we just need it to repeat. But the problem is that it takes in two inputs, not one.

1 Like

I’ve been playing with this in desmos, and I can’t get it to work. Do you have a working example of it anywhere?

1 Like