Advanced Update Order | Difficulty: 🟪

I’m going to be better (as a person).

By the way, the dy/dx notation is for derivatives.

1 Like

I thought d/dx basically means slope

On a serious note- This is great! Learning new math is great because it helps you understand the world better. No one really dislikes math. They just don’t like learning it because they think it’s hard. It’s hard to dislike math as a whole.

1 Like

It does. Think about it like this. How would you find the slope of a line that passes through a curve once? You can find the average rate of change of x + Δx(a really small number) - f(x) over x + Δx - x which is just x.

That does not describe me, not trying to brag but I actually love math and am great at it

The people one grade older in our combined class try to cheat off me

The formal definition of a derivative:lim
x

a

f
(
x
)

f
(
a
)
x

a

1 Like

This is what I saw.

1 Like

The limit is Δx approaching 0. This is because to find instantaneous rate of change, we take the limit of the average rate of change like this: lim x → 0 (f(x + Δx) - f(x))/x + Δx - x or lim x → 0 (f(x + Δx) - f(x))/Δx because x cancels out.

Wow. You guys are a lot smarter than me.

1 Like

I’d rather you google search this because I have to go soon.

Also, you just gave me 28 more likes so I’ve beaten @NavyCatZ YES

Big f? BIG F?!? BIG F?!?!?! DEFORMED S FOR “SUMMATORIUS” MAN! HOW DOES IT LOOK LIKE AN F?

2 Likes

Definitely not an F. It’s integral to understand that.

Nah bro:

Literally a big f (lowercase on purpose).

2 Likes

Also, @mysz demotion alert:

1 Like

What the heck is wrong with you IT’S AN S AND WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT A TRIPLE INTEGRAL I DON’T KNOW MULTIVARIABLE CALCULUS

1 Like

Wdym?

1 Like

At least I didn’t make an alt account and give myself 60 likes

2 Likes

Read again

NavyCatZ is going to say something about likes (I posted that 0.000001s after he did)

1 Like