Advanced Update Order | Difficulty: 🟪

1 Like

you should explain how to do it step by step to a 2nd grader

6 Likes
  1. Get better
  2. Understand it
  3. I totally understand this and it’s not like I have no idea how to do multivariable calculus
2 Likes

Right, we would never think that

3 Likes

I’ve seen this happen multiple times after reading this post a few weeks ago.

3 Likes

If mysz wrote code, he would be writing way better code than anything I could ever make. All this math y’all are talking about is above my level lol

3 Likes

Ok so I just found a cool memory save. It’s not enough information to make it’s own post, so I decided to just tack it on here. If you want to set a varible to 0 if something is false, and to 1 if something is true, this code works:

Because Blockly auto sets all varibles to 0, this will set x to 1 if the statement is true, and set x to 0 if the statement is false. Just a quick way to save 2 blocks!

7 Likes

noice

2 Likes

Should we make a new line of guides, like [ :loudspeaker: PSA! ] and [ :newspaper: Resources ], called [ :pinching_hand: Mini-Guide ]? It would be useful for information we thought was too short to make its own guide.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

What would you like to know? I’m kind of bored right now, and want to pull a @Zypheir(Create a detailed description of something).

1 Like

Ok, explain big f’s in math with the d/dx and d/dy (that was silly, I mean integrals). Technically, d/dx simplifies to 1/x :joy:

Any “hardest” Algebra 2 concept, can’t be that hard…

I know, but I can’t watch any of my YT front page without knowing what integrals are…

I have to skip so many minutes (my home page is VERY different)

TLDR; Integrals use infinitesimally small areas summed up to approximate area.

Think of it like this. The curve f(x) = x^2. You can’t find the area of a curve, right? But you can approximate it with infinitely small area. This is called a definite integral.

1 Like

It’s the rectangles but then you make them this small :pinching_hand:.

You can use the fundamental theorem of calculus to calculate definite integrals.

An integral from a to b of f’(x) is F(b) - F(a) (The antiderivative of the function at points b and a).

I would suggest Khan Academy or Organic Chemistry- I’m not a good explainer.

1 Like

Organic Chemistry Tutor is the W’est channel on YT.

Contradicting details…

1 Like

Yeah. With Riemann Sums you can partition small rectangles randomly. As long as the max-area rectangle, Δxf(xi) is approaching 0, you can approximate the area under a curve.

1 Like

Integrals are fundamental to calculus, and in Multivariable calculus, there are double integrals, triple integrals, line integrals, surface integrals, volume integrals, etc.

1 Like

What are you even going to do with this knowledge?

1 Like