A guide to the new Forum interface/Discourse

Hello! In case you weren’t aware, as of May 26, 2023, Gimkit has decided to migrate the Creative Community Forum to Discourse. if you’ve been on the VEX Robotics forum in the past 4-5 years, the Roblox DevForum, or some other sites, you may be familiar with Discourse already. the goal of this post is to explain Discourse in just a few paragraphs.
Pro tip: read the guidelines, and perform the tutorial in your PM from @discobot. that should get you through the basics.
When you create a topic, there are 3 boxes: Topic name (your topic name goes here), Category (put your category here) and Optional Tags (ignore, there’s no tags yet). Below that is your text box- write in it. When replying, you’ll see a preview on the right and your text on the left. you can use BBCode or HTML5 to link to an image, and use Ctrl+B and Ctrl+I to do bold or italics. Bold text can also be ** and italics * at the start and end. anyway- do both tutorials, and reed the Community Guidelines and make sure that someone hasn’t posted on that topic before.
(edit 1)Something I almost forgot- you will need to create a new account since the forum was wiped in the migration to Discourse. Anyway-add on as you want, and pro tip: adjust your notifications so your only getting pinged for somthing you want, like Guides or just help.
(Edit 2) [Content Deleted]
(Edit 3) Could this be marked as a wiki post?

8 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

Just so you know, according to the changelog, this migration was because the old platform lacked moderation tools.

You’ve disabled me in your preferences. You need to allow new user onboarding tips to interact with me.

:crystal_ball: Ask again later

:crystal_ball: Outlook not so good

Ooooo you have orchestra too?

1 Like

will i do well in my orchestra concerta please say yess please @discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: Cannot predict now

Make this edit -

(Edit 4) The old forums are still active - Help | Gimkit Creative - Though, as bad news, you cannot post anything, and the old forums will be deleted in June 17.

ill i do well in my orchestra concerta please say yess please tell me i really need to @discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: It is certain

yayyy thx discobot!!!

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Fyi I think you can just message discobot privately. Idk if that works.

ik, just wanted to do it here

You could post these in your personal message history with discobot instead of public forums where everybody can see it… just saying .-.

i know that

no char limit

:crystal_ball: Yes