How to Become a GimAvenger or a Guardian of the Gimaxy

i flagged something on the old forum and that didn’t happen…

@Anythinger, I’m sorry to bother you, but i’m new here, do you mind telling me how to post things?

1 Like

How to post a new article, or how to post on general? By the way, I’m @ClicClac, and welcome to the community!

@discobot can help with learning how the forum works. If you want to learn the general gist of things, just read for a bit! There are plenty of interesting articles written by community members that will make you more proficient at Gimkit!

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Welcome to the community! I second ClicClac’s suggestion about Discobot. To post stuff, go to the area where you can see all the posts and there is a button at the top right called “New Topic.”

Here’s a useful guide for new users on this interface:

FYI you can only post 10 replies in the first 24 hours of your account’s creation.

@discobot display help

@Vortex-Mist You will probably have a message from @discobot. It will walk you through the basics. I highly recommend taking the Advanced Tutorial right after Basic (it’s just more features). The Help is for any help you need with your Gimkit Creative (GKC) Maps. Devices is for any questions about any of the Devices in GKC. Bugs are if you find any bugs in GKC and want to tell others. Finally, Community Made Guides are where others post tutorials about how to make different things (trust me, they are crazy). The moderators are Josh, Jeffo, and Pharlain. If you need extensive help from a trusted source, you can ask one of the GimAvengers or Guardians of the Gimaxy. There are multiple trust levels, and you gain them as you fulfill the guidelines. If you want, you should read through some of the guides to get ideas for your games. If you ever want to bypass the character limit, put this:
<gibberish>
Anything can be in the gibberish as long as there are no spaces. If you want to know how to get any specific badge, let one of us know, and we would be more than happy to tell you.

Hope you found this helpful!

2 Likes

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: What we see depends mainly on what we look for. — John Lubbock

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

@discobot start basic tutorial

You’ve disabled me in your preferences. You need to allow new user onboarding tips to interact with me.

You have to do it in the private message it sent you.

1 Like

where is it at? I’ve been looking for it for ten minutes

Click on your profile picture at the top right of the screen and you should see something from discobot.

Try clicking on your notifications?

1 Like

It’s not there, idk y. Do i need to notify dicsobot again for it to display the message?

You need to turn on user onboarding tips first I think. Click on your profile, click on the person icon, click on preferences, click on interface, scroll down to the bottom and you should see a check box that says, “skip new user onboarding tips” and uncheck that. Then ask discobot for the tutorial.

1 Like

Ok I unchecked the box, so should the notif be there now?

Ask discobot again.

Do you see it here?

1 Like