3D Viewpoints in GKC

I question the single property thing… we already have to use a LOT of blocks for the projection, unpacking a single property would take even more. I guess we could iterate through the rendered objects and port them to temporary variables. I dunno, that’s gonna be a pain.

6 Likes

I personally don’t think projection will take up too many blocks. I think only a max of 10k memory would be taken up for an incredibly powerful wireframe renderer. I don’t have enough experience with face rendering to figure out how much for a face renderer.

7 Likes

To think, if we ever want to then create something vaguely complicated, we’ll need to compact it even more.

5 Likes

I’m not worried about the memory limit, I’m just talking about local blocks. It’s hard to transfer a lot of data between two bits of 75 blocks, y’know? Like I said though, iterating through them should work fine.

6 Likes

@Blackhole927 do you think you can make a guide about it, and then later combine both of them (the renderer and the viewpoint)?

4 Likes

Data transfer isn’t that bad honestly. Proper chunking of the rendering system would probably fix that.

3 Likes

I haven’t made a 3D renderer haha
I can’t make a guide on it if I haven’t made it

3 Likes

After you made it @Blackhole927 .

1 Like

I can’t make one right now- I’m busy with my secret project. Maybe Apoll02 or shdwy can?

(+ a truckload of schoolwork, that im doing as i type lol)

4 Likes

Big ask. A lot of people have tried this before :skull:

Personally, I feel like it’s worth it if we keep this brainstorming up. We need to start with general steps, and then move on to specific things.

e.g.
First, we need to store objects.
Then we need to collect data on them in real time, depending on aim location.
The trickiest part will likely be making the actual display.
etc, etc.

We need more than one person on this, though. I’m sure he could do it, to be fair.

4 Likes

Nope, busy too lol

2 Likes

Like I said, I’m up to help with this project, it sounds pretty interesting! Not gonna be able to do it on my own though, I need your guys’ help. (Can’t even think of how to code it in NORMAL code :skull: )

edit: that’s actually a good reminder, we gotta figure out how to code this normally first.

5 Likes

Haha, I’m in the same boat, I have 3 thing due on Thursday cause I have a Deca Competition. Btw, I’d be glad to help as well as soon as I’m done with my projects. Also, @Blackhole927 what’s you secret project about?

1 Like

3 AP classes = pain
But anyway, I really want to make one when I have some spare time from everything. I don’t know when that is though :frowning:

4 Likes

You’re in high school @Blackhole927 ?!

2 Likes

Looking forward to it. We need the best on this

Oh come on, AP CSP doesn’t count as an AP lol
especially not for you
taking 3 aps at your age is still wild though
I didnt take any :cry:

2 Likes

Yeah. I’m gonna go finish my homework now.

Ok I know AP CSP is a free class basically, but AP Precalc and AP Gov are actually difficult and annoying, since they both have high workloads. + bio has lots of work too, so the only free time i have is when i dont sleep
and i need sleep

(running on 5 hours right now, and also yesterday, and the day before, and the day before… you get the point.)

6 Likes

It wouldn’t be secret if he announced it on a visible channel on a public forum…

2 Likes

Same here, bye!

You have no idea how hard my classes are (even though I’m in middle school)

1 Like

It was worth asking!

1 Like