3D Viewpoints in GKC

what is a clay-institude? I never heard of it

That’s what clay-institute means @NotRobertJunki.

1 Like

okay thanks for telling me in a dum dum in da head so i don’t know a lot of stuff when it comes to this

What if our player was the mouse itself?

1 Like

Well we cant track the player or what angle we’re going in.

Well, zones. If we go up, then we go forward in the viewpoint. Go left, turn left, go right, turn right

It’ll be basic but It might work

The annoyance with this idea is that then, how will the player move? WASD/Arrow keys are usually reserved for movement, but if we make them for looking around then there won’t be any way to move well.

2 Likes

Yeah. I know. But the up arrow could be used to going forward. But until you guys have the mouse working, this is the best idea I could come up with

The best bet for the mouse will probably just be using no-reload zappers or something, since you can hold down right click and continuously shoot. We can use sentries with the lowest possible respawn time to track the aim. I don’t know if ammo resetting turns off the continuous shooting though; that’s worth testing.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t the blaster be viable for a machine gun? It’s the only weapon in the game that you can hold down to fire with.

Like I just said (literally the last response before you lol), you can hold down right click to do the same thing on a zapper.

3 Likes

oh whoops i didn’t see that since I didn’t scroll down :skull:

2 Likes

Don’t worry @Coolcaden26 it happens.

1 Like

@Shdwy, that’s what I used for testing instead of anything else (because it’s kind of a machine gun). Would you like me to add that to the guide (and credit you) ?

Idea: We could have a system that tracks the player’s position and uses a string of data that tracks the whole map to and then extract which part of the data has what in it based on the x y and z coordinates.
It would be incredibly laggy, though, we’d have to start w/ static movement, and move in chunks.

1 Like

Great idea, do you have an idea to implement it into the game?

My guess is we’d have to build a calculator both in and outside of GKC. The one outside would be to transfer line data and formulas into strings, and the inside would be to transfer the strings into visuals.

1 Like

i- what
Can you explain this a bit clearer, since I don’t understand?

2 Likes

That actually makes sense- a lot!