3D Viewpoints in GKC

Ohh, and all this time I though it would be problems, that are solved, would revolutionize gimkit.

The problem with sentries is that it can kill you.

Just add it to your team lol

1 Like

I tried that- I was unable to kill the sentry when it was on my team.

1 Like

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

1 Like

I don’t think it is curently solved. If so, I’d love to see a working prototype. Another issue woukd be ray-casting and actually rendering objects though.

That’s not too difficult, though, depending on what you’re making.

1 Like

I’m so in to make this work. Does anyone know how to make the 3d stuff with text operations?

Rendering 3D objects isn’t that bad. The theory also seems pretty sound, so I wouldn’t call it solved, but I wouldn’t call it an ongoing problem unless the theory fails.

5 Likes

Two the’s, funny how the human brain likes to ignore that.

5 Likes

It took me a far too long to spot that haha. Lemme fix it.

3 Likes

Not if it’s not shooting at you. If you add a target closer to it than to you, it may shoot that one instead…
I dunno, its worth a test.
But yeah, you can’t kill your own team—even sentries.

3 Likes

The problem is creating a system to make the 3d objects and then rendering them based on that system.

What do you mean?

1 Like

There’s lots of math, but it is possible. Apollo made the platformer and that was pretty dang cool, all you need is a third dimension.

Obviously that’s an understatement, but we can do it…

we REALLY need a player tracker
(coords, movement angle, etc)

5 Likes

Like how you make an apple or something in blender. You need to actually make the 3d object.

A 3D renderer would probably only support basic shapes, so you would only need to store a small amount of data about a shape to render it.
For example, for any rectangular prism-
x1, y1, z1, x2, y2, z2, xr, yr, zr, color
And all of that can be stored in a single property too.

or sphere
x, y, z, r, color

7 Likes

Blender has a built-in 3d image modeler so it can function. Gimkit… does not. We need to “re-learn” all of the information every time the visual vector changes. We can store the data for things like rectangular prisms, as bh said, but it’s gonna be a lot of re-checking things.

7 Likes

Yes, then you use basic shapes, to make up more complicated ones.

6 Likes

Exactly!

4 Likes