Working on a tower defense game, need help

working on a tower defense game, need help with the following: enemies moving and placing sentries where players want them (ingame)

Psuedo Health for Textboxes [and other mechanics for tower defense]

As detailed here, tower defense is very hard. I suggest not making it.

You can’t make sentries move, so you have to give props, barriers, or textboxes psuedo-health, which is very hard.

Hey @CommanderX! Glad to see you back here. Sadly, this is no longer possible because sentry movement has been taken away (bbsi).

3 Likes

I am partway into making tower defense, but it’s so annoying and repetive.

2 Likes

How do you keep the health of sentries while they move?

3 Likes

You don’t use sentries. Read the post I linked to know more about how I’m doing the enemies.

2 Likes

Interesting, but you could use props, but going off of Cassius, its so, so, SO repetitive. Wouldn’t recommend in my opinion. But if you do, good luck. Just saying.

1 Like

Ok thanks for telling me that sentries moving was patched, i changed it so its two teams, one team is the protector, and one team is the enemy.

1 Like

So now you have players moving, right?

I considered that too. The issue is you need to damage them with sentries [memory and device limit] or lasers [eh] or use psuedo-health. [and by the time you do that you might as well just not use players.] Also, you would need a lot of players.

ok, thanks!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

ok i think i finished the game idk

I want to test it!
Do you know what the Wixsite is?
You could post a link there for people to test.

:saluting_face:

r.i.p. bbsi

Last idea. One player places down everyone, Unless its too late.