Why wont Gimkit load?

It’s all back up HHHHOOOORRRAAAAYYY!!!

I just woke up haha. I really just mean from the start of the time when people started panicking and now wasn’t that bad of a wait.

oh hey unstable

If Gimkit is ever down, you go here to learn why. If everything on this page is green and your gimkit still isn’t working, then it’s your own problem.

So what actually happend

Yeah my creative game isn’t loading either.

Question: Do Gimkit Servers go down during midnight EST to reduce storage costs?

I get this error message when I try and load a game.
The people who think the whole thing is over it’s not.

it is like someone hacked the satellite but who would do that. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

No you couldn’t do that
That’s be almost impossible to do

Gimkit uses a hosting service called Heroku, and something went wrong stopping the service from serving the website to users, causing all this stuff.

They don’t get taken completely offline, but josh has said in a blog post that the servers dynamically scale, so there is less server space late at night.

Nobody hacked anything, to the best of my knowledge.

yes you can I have done it by accident when I was little.

As we can see, the servers are working for some people and some not. Lets close the topic to prevent further clutter, because this topic already has over a hundred posts. @SKETCHY1 you should go on an mark a solution… :neutral_face:

look at mines

Thank you for reporting this!

Everything is back up and running. Let me know if anything is broken for anyone, otherwise we should be good to go.

If this devolves into a chat or an off-topic trash bin or a bunch of people respond “hi Jeff” or other nonsense, I’ll close this thread immediately.

7 Likes

try restarting your device to get it to be updated to the current status. But if that does not work its on your end. That meaning its your internet, School or house server, or a VPN is conflicting with gimkit.

Yes! they are back up!

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.