What Not To Put In a Gimkit Map

So, the trending page of Gimkit Discovery on my end shows some things that just irk me, although my taste is a bit refined.

So, I decided to make a guide on what to NOT put inside your Gimkit Maps.

1. Please be original.

It isn’t fun to copy someone else’s map at all (must I note that if two GimKart maps appear, that doesn’t mean one is a copy, unless it’s so blatant). Not only is that annoying, you’ve now thrown your reputation straight into the trash can. This also includes using art made by other Gimkit and/or Gimkit Forum users as your thumbnail, and using official art by any type of company as a thumbnail for your game, as doing so is a copyright crime. Want the law after you? I didn’t think so.

2. Playtest your map.

Especially if your map is a platformer, please test your map before your publish it to make sure it’s possible (and even better, to make sure there are no accidental softlocks or bugs). It sucks to make so much progress only to get these results:

Skipping proper playtesting can seriously hinder your ability to become a great Gimkit Creative member, and it isn’t fun to see this either. PLEASE playtest your maps.

3. No “rejoin strat.”

One great example of this is the Get a Snack at 3 A.M. topic. Once you close the ending popup, the game ends & you have to start the game again just to get another ending, over and over, and over again. This is a cheeky way to get a good amount of plays fast, especially with the 3rd graders that don’t care (which may be the target that these rejoin strat people are looking for), and it is super annoying to do this. Also, don’t force it at the start to look something like this, either:

(you get the message the screenshot is conveying…)

4. Follow The Guidelines

The 3 tips above are just community made & recommended. You should always follow the Gimkit Guidelines. Not following them can lead to a (permanent) ban, which means losing your account, Gims, XP, and all other earned things. Although you don’t have to listen (which is if you don’t care), it’s important to follow the guidelines.

Was this a good guide?

• 1/10 - GARBGE EWWW!!!1!!!111!!!
  • 2/10: Not really good…
  • 3/10: Ummm…
  • 4/10: Meh…
  • 5/10: Okay
  • 6/10: Kinda good…
  • 7/10: Decent
  • 8/10: Pretty good
  • 9/10: Awesome
  • 10/10: AMAZING!1!!1!1!!
  • 11/10: omg so aersome i canot dezcrib it
0 voters
8 Likes

Great thanks for the tips @AMineRide .

thx for the tips :grin:

Great guide! :+1:

1 Like

Good Guide! :white_check_mark:

1 Like

So im making a copy of abyss adventures but it’s not entirely the same, but i asked top-z if i can publish it. Why not add that

I’m doing the same thing too, and also you missed a part. Don’t worry, it’s fine.

2 Likes

This guide is so ∑. Very good