Very tricky block code, need help

You might want to explain the properties and channels more then. This is for passing out territories, right?

the whole thing together does not do it’s purpose, but I just don’t know what is wrong. Also I will have to leave in like two seconds so I wont be able to respond, but you can keep thinking of solutions.

Also, yes this is passing out the 42 territory’s also a is text but b and c are considered numbers, that’s basically all the property’s do though.

So which properties store all the territories a player has?

their is a text that is a text right now but I will probably set another property called d, right now though the text does not set.

You might want to name your properties to be consistent with what they do, so you won’t forget when you look over it in a long time. What are the scopes of “a”, “b”, and “c”?

I will have to leave right now, but my only lead is that it counts the space as a letter for the sub-string so infinitely goes because 1 instead of 0. Also I think the scopes are player but I don’t know for sure, I think they might be default.

Can you even do that in gimkit

@Ibrahim_4414 look at this
https://forum.creative.gimkit.com/t/its-not-impossible/2574

@some_kid can you help? I’m not trying to be rude, but I have asked you to help twice now, I hope your not getting annoyed. I know your really good at blocks.

Here you go!

The setup (in hide details to prevent clutter)

The setup:

Optional

You can use channels instead of wires, I use wires to show how it’s hooked up.

I optimized the block code a little and tweaked it to remove an area from the list once it is selected so that an area can’t be picked more than once. (only works for one person as of now)

Things you will need to implement yourself

You would have to implement this to run with 2 other people and have to create a “scanner” so that you can split the list into individual numbers that you can work with.
If you are using channels, change the “On wire pulse” to the channel you want, such as “loop”.

List property screenshot:

List Property "Default Value" copy and paste

010203040506070809101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142

The reason why there are 0s in front of the single digit numbers is so that the list can increment more easily.

Appended Areas screenshot:

Appended Index screenshot:

Reason for Appended Index

So that the random selector changes to the current amount of items inside the list; you can’t get the 42th item when the list only contains 41 items.

Trigger settings:

Optional

You can input the “Loop” channel in “When triggered, transmit on” if you are using channels instead of wires, you can also remove “Loop” in Trigger when receiving on if you are looping with the block itself.

Wiring (only if you are using wires):

PS: if you need additional resources, I can send you a screen recording of me testing the system or making the system step by step.

2 Likes

No, I enjoy the pings. However, It seems that teapot here has solved your problem before I could, so use his solution.

For the property “List” what does it end at?
I’m guessing 42, but want to be sure.

people actually use block code? haven’t seen that on the forums at all.

Excuse me?

2 Likes

wasn’t tryna be mean, sorry

I wasn’t implying that you were. Block code is just an extremely important part of GKC that a lot of advanced users use all the time.

It ends at 42.

I was about to help and then I saw the stuff and gave up…

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.