Unicode Pixel Art

Note:

This is somewhat similar to an already present guide, but this version takes a different approach:

The main difference is that the linked guide uses emojis while this one uses the box character which means zero gaps.

Another difference is that the box character can be customized to any color you want.

This guide can be done on both the forum and on Gimkit Maps.

Materials

1. Text Box (any amount)
  2. Unicode characters:

Box Character
Character: [ █ ] - copy & paste - Box character to fill text.

Blank Character
Character: [ ⠀] - copy & paste - Larger space.

Spaces: space - Used for smaller spaces in making pixel art when poorly aligned.

Tutorial

Gimkit

1. Aquire the text device.
  2. Edit the text. Insert the █ character in order to add the “pixels”.
    :warning: ALL TEXT IN GIMKIT WILL BE CENTERED! USE THE SPACE KEY OR THE BLANK CHARACTER which is [⠀] TO CENTER IT OUT
  3. [Optional: Change the size of the text box.]
  4. [Optional: Change the color of the text box.]
  5. For multiple colors, repeat Steps 1-4. Align that text box as needed, so it stays consistently aligned.

Gimkit Example:

Forum

1. Add the █ icon in a code/quote block.
  2. To add a gap, use the [⠀] character.
4 Likes

Nice this is gonna come in handy

1 Like

this is really creative. its a little short but honestly i dont mind because its super simple and also very concise

nice job : D!!

1 Like

Forgot to add:
This guide I created is somewhat similar to this guide:

The main difference is that the link guide uses emojis while this one uses the box character which means zero gaps.

Another difference is that the box character can be customized to any color you want.

1 Like

Medieval bed:
█ █ █ █

1 Like

yeah, nice guide :D
though i believe if you use the staatlitches font or whatever, there won’t be any spaces with emojis, you’ll just have to reposition textboxes to fit in with the image/object you’re tryinf to recreate i may be wrong though
this could be used for a game where you have to piece the text together like a puzzle :slight_smile:

1 Like

UPDATE: Added tag as per community choice

1 Like