(topic deleted by author)

I also don’t like really long guides. The thing is, you can get tired from the guide because the guide can be like an hour long. Mid Guides are pretty good, but short might be my favorite.

1 Like

No, 100% chance that i’m going to not bring it back. I am not going to get more hate and stuff.

There was no hate. What even was the hate?

I just wanted to bring a questioner tip, but like anythinger said:

I didn’t like how he did it. Now some people took his side and i got quite upset about it.

There were no sides. Anythinger told you “Try not to make these guides in the future, as they are pretty short and kind of obvious.” Anythinger did not say “This guide is bad. Delete it.”

1 Like

okay I used the wrong words. I meant that new users shouldn’t spam guides about device settings.

I’m sorry. Don’t delete this guide, I never meant to give it any hate. This was just a mix of bad wording and misunderstanding.

Oh the other thing that ticks me off is materials lists. Idk why, they just annoy me.

4 Likes

I prefer to not use them in my guides since I’m a do it as we go person.

2 Likes

Yeah, I feel like when building in gkc most people just get stuff as they go, instead of grabbing every device they they might need at the start.

1 Like

I don’t do it because I think people are going to gather all the devices beforehand, I do it because I like seeing them to get a gist of the devices needed, around how much memory it’s going to take up, etc.
I know they’re not for everyone, but I personally like them.

4 Likes

I do it because I like seeing how many devices there are (110+ text devices for graphing calculator)

3 Likes

Now it’s optimizing time :smiley:
You should be able to cram any display into the same amount of text objects as rows.

3 Likes

just stop commenting here.

1 Like

I did that in my early guides. Not for more recent ones, though. After Monopoly I stopped doing that.

3 Likes

Oh, I just use them as a warning of “do you really want to do this?” instead of just saying so.

1 Like

I would just put the total amount of memory needed, that way people can easily see if they want to add it or not.

1 Like
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.