The Tamian Coordinate System | Difficulty: 🟨 (Version 2.0)

I tried that, nothing happened.

Well, give me about two hours. I have class, the I can look at this.

1 Like

Did this for a map I’m working on but used seeds to keep track of what square your on to reduce the amount of block code I would need so I could save space.

That’s really smart! I didn’t think of doing that.
But I see a few drawbacks…

1. You only have as many spots as you do (1/2 * numberOfSeeds)^2 [assuming its a square].
  2. You’d need a lot of item managers to stop the constant item notifications.
1 Like

I just used the same colored seed and granted the player different amounts of seeds. The item manager would then be able to update a property - [Position]

Note: It’s a 9x9 grid. It still takes up a good mount of space though but I need all the space I can get!

Screenshot

Little messy though :frowning:

1 Like

I improved this to not use inventory item managers or blocks

4 Likes

Smart! Will keep this in mind if I ever need to make one again

1 Like

Oh I also made a rookie mistake in this

you need it to increase, and make the target one more than it’s default and then have that reset the counter.

1 Like

This is the perfect kind of mess. You can’t change my mind that this is not the perfect clutter.

1 Like

Beautiful isn’t it? :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Man this guide is awsome, BUMP

@Dragontamer this is a wonderful guide but could you make one that has a way point showing your last location on the grid?

1 Like

That’s an interesting idea! I think what I would do is have a property that remembers your last position, and then when you move, it uses concatenation to specify a singular waypoint.
I could just be spouting gibberish, but I think this would work.

Can’t you just use the waypoint setting for that?
If, however, you mean that your last location somewhere, say, in a grid, but you teleported out, but you had a waypoint tracking your last location in a specific place, you could just cover the map in waypoints, using the ‘track where device is’ and when it updates it activates the waypoint that is associated with that, and deactivates all others, so it keeps on rendering where you are.
Also probably spouting gibberish.

1 Like

This would be an interesting addition to the system, as the waypoint would always be one square away from the player at all times, like the world’s most memory inefficient trail.

1 Like

Oh yeah! You could make it work like a trail.

The new coordinate device makes this guide irrelevant now

I know. That’s why I haven’t been bumping this and instead letting it drift into the realm of forgotten guides.

2 Likes

but you could make a guide on my question from earlier

1 Like

Not absolutely. The coordinate system is still more memory efficient in less precise areas, for example, which section the player is at on the map rather than tile to tile measurements.

1 Like