The Rise of Technical Gimkit

You don’t need complex AI to save the forum, you simply need new ideas. Coming up with the most complex thing ever isn’t always the best idea.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to save the forums. I think the forum is fine as is. I’m trying to enjoy Gimkit.

4 Likes

Yeah, I know. Enjoying gimkit doesn’t have to be difficult or nearly gimpossible, just saying we have many things we haven’t explored yet.

2 Likes

Yeah, but it’s been on my list of fun things to make in GKC since July.

1 Like

You can do it, it sounds fun tbh, but I will just say this:

2 Likes

Alright. Nevermind on the whole minimap thing, it’s currently not feasible since we can’t have new lines in overlays.

1 Like

Basically, you can’t change the text on a button overlay, right? Well, I have an idea for that. Place the block to set the text. After that, change the overlay type to button. This will probably keep the set text block.

1 Like

That could work…
(assuming you need a button minimap ofc)

1 Like

Just to hide and show it…

1 Like

Technical gimkit is a term for super advanced gimkit creative stuff. Things like displays and other advanced systems fall under this category.

4 Likes

Easier solution: Use a overlay button that when you click on, opens another popup that shows the minimap.

1 Like

Yeah. Since josh is doing a gamenight soon, let’s make a list of things to propose to him then.
For example, the create multiline text block.

1 Like

Text Inputs. Moving sentries/props.

1 Like

To expand on what bh said, it’s sub-tick operations. The things that people wouldn’t normally think about. Weird mechanics that don’t make sense and are seemingly random.

1 Like

Thank you for explaining, that, I knew it had something to do with code, but not exactly sure.

1 Like

We don’t need to save the forums, we just need to keep them full of life by making guides, answering help questions, and using the forum as it’s intended.

Will you make a guide? I hope so.

1 Like

I might make my own version of it.

1 Like

Nope, i won’t.

1 Like

What? I am so dismal now. I really wanted to see how you did it. I told all of my friends about it. Well, at least you will make it.

2 Likes