The Rise of Technical Gimkit

Also, I’m currently making a guide on GD, so we should have some technical guides soon.

5 Likes

1 and 2 trigger chains both have the same effect: running the entire loop 300 times. The chain order makes no difference. However, in concurrent recursion (having 2 chains running at the same time), chains CAN interfere with each other.

5 Likes

What’s GD? Also, I really support Technical Gimkit!

6 Likes

I think it stands for Geometry Dash

6 Likes

Wow, I knew that, but didn’t register. I literally call Geometry Dash GD, but I couldn’t realize that’s what they meant.

4 Likes

Same.

4 Likes

Well, bully for you! I just wish I had something to offer, but unlike others, I don’t know as much. I have no idea how chess is being made.

3 Likes

The pieces should be text objects, and you can use certain criterion with number theory to check if the pieces should be moved. Basically, chess is made of a large amount of conditional statements? Obviously it’s harder than that though.

5 Likes

You already lost me.

3 Likes

Sorry, I can’t explain things very well :sweat_smile:.

5 Likes

I don’t really no what’s happening here, since I’m new to coding, but I’m sort of interested in this.

2 Likes

Here, I suggest reading these two guides to get you started on blocks:

6 Likes

Thanks! Hopefully this can also help me with something I’m having problems with.

3 Likes

If you have any problems, just ask around! After all, this is a community forum!

6 Likes

Will do! Thanks for the help!

3 Likes

There isn’t one. Chess is a pretty complex thing to make, so I probably won’t ever make a tutorial for it.

4 Likes

I saw a help post about minimaps, and they actually seem pretty possible.

Think about it this way: you have a coordinate grid spanning a large area. Each coordinate has a different colored square thats associated with it. You have a game overlay button in the top left that shows a big cube made of all these squares, and it changes by coordinate.

MINIMAPS ARE POSSIBLE!

just so cool

2 Likes

How would put a new line in the overlay? I don’t think that blocky supports special characters.

1 Like

I’m testing it rn.

also it does seem to support special chars

3 Likes

WOOOOO
just made the first minimap in gimkit, feelin good

1 Like