The Rise of Technical Gimkit

Well, bully for you! I just wish I had something to offer, but unlike others, I don’t know as much. I have no idea how chess is being made.

3 Likes

The pieces should be text objects, and you can use certain criterion with number theory to check if the pieces should be moved. Basically, chess is made of a large amount of conditional statements? Obviously it’s harder than that though.

5 Likes

You already lost me.

3 Likes

Sorry, I can’t explain things very well :sweat_smile:.

5 Likes

I don’t really no what’s happening here, since I’m new to coding, but I’m sort of interested in this.

2 Likes

Here, I suggest reading these two guides to get you started on blocks:

6 Likes

Thanks! Hopefully this can also help me with something I’m having problems with.

3 Likes

If you have any problems, just ask around! After all, this is a community forum!

6 Likes

Will do! Thanks for the help!

3 Likes

There isn’t one. Chess is a pretty complex thing to make, so I probably won’t ever make a tutorial for it.

4 Likes

I saw a help post about minimaps, and they actually seem pretty possible.

Think about it this way: you have a coordinate grid spanning a large area. Each coordinate has a different colored square thats associated with it. You have a game overlay button in the top left that shows a big cube made of all these squares, and it changes by coordinate.

MINIMAPS ARE POSSIBLE!

just so cool

2 Likes

How would put a new line in the overlay? I don’t think that blocky supports special characters.

1 Like

I’m testing it rn.

also it does seem to support special chars

3 Likes

WOOOOO
just made the first minimap in gimkit, feelin good

1 Like

I’ve been working on a concept for one and started testing recently but yours is probably way better than my system.

I want to see that lol, send a screenshot

I’m gonna make a community guide on it, want me to mention you in it?

1 Like

No need to lol.

1 Like

I have an idea to be able to show and not show while updating the text. So place al the set text blocks you need while the overlay is set to show text. After that, switch it to a button.

2 Likes

huh? @getrithekd what do you mean

1 Like