The rendering properties of zones (Theory)

As in difficulty or something else?

1 Like

Your post. Do you want me to rate your guide/post?

3 Likes

Yes, please.

1 Like

Hi! @Blizzy here, rating your post.
Rating: 9/10

What you did well:
You explained this theory well, and provided good examples.
You cited correct sources(Even though you made it too)

Mistakes:
May be a bit too short
No visual examples/pictures

4 Likes

GimAi has gone permanently offline since around June. Please do not try to rate posts with them as it just creates clutter.

3 Likes

I can just be the new rate-er :slight_smile:

If you type @Blizzy/@Blizzy ratepost I will rate your post

3 Likes

Oh, that’s my bad. I thought it’d be fun to see in-action since I saw blizzy rate it lol

3 Likes

Please stay ON topic.

1 Like

If you said ‘devices’ in the title, maybe you should add more devices, more than only the zone…

2 Likes

@josh, is this true? (Wondering because I have no clue on how to test this)

Hmmm this is interesting…

1 Like

This is an interesting theory. The zone/text rendering is certainly very interesting.

While my technical expertise is limited, I feel like the zone constantly checking statement is incorrect. That seems unlikely, and perhaps a faster solution that the devs may have implemented could have been just ‘when player moves past x bound run this function’ or something. Where did you get that from?

I’ll ask hexa and bh about the rendering thing.

1 Like

I’m not sure where I got it from. I was just gimkiting, and then this idea came into my head and I felt like I had to write it down, and it constantly checking was the only way it made sense to me.

I teleported out of a zone with gadget fire off and I couldn’t fire gadgets after I teleported out.

1 Like

This is because the game hasn’t realized that you left the no-firing zone, and still thinks you are in it and won’t let you fire.

1 Like

That is a very very very useful and practical application of zones.

Let’s keep this on the down-low so the devs dont patch it, yeah? :smiley:

3 Likes

HI GUYS and what if you teleport out of a zone that hides an overlay? would the game still show the overlay?

Yes, it would still show the overlay because the zone doesn’t have enough time before it de-renders to send the signal. Also, HI back.

Could this be used for anything, or is it just a nuisance?

• This could be used for… (Reply below)
  • Nope, it’s just a nuisance
0 voters

idk what it could be used for but it could be used for SOMETHING. also it’s a nuisance too but there’s no multi-select sooo