The Main Functions For An RPG Map

Introduction:

So there are many functions or needs if you may, that are required if you want to make a good RPG map. Here, in this guide, it will be explained

A Theme:

You always need a theme of some sort. Without a theme, there would be no game. You could make it sorta Medieval-like or something, but no matter, you also need a theme.

Quests:

You always need quests, they make the game have a goal and make it interesting. They could be anything, as long as they receive a reward, and it’s challenging.

Side Quests and Details:

You always need details, like maybe in a gym, you have bicycle racks and basketballs. Not for gameplay, just for cool details that show you put in effort. You need side quests to make the quests fun while trying, like when you have to find treasure, maybe you have to find the map first, but the map is easier to find. Also, the map isn’t necessary, just makes it easier to find the treasure.

Difficulty

Now this one isn’t necessary but it’ll help to have difficulty levels for the player to choose from so it’s the right amount of toughness that they desire!

Storyline:

It’s sort of like the theme, but a little different. They explain WHY you’re doing this quest. For example, going back to the treasure hunt, the storyline might be because you need the gold and you’re poor.

Characters:

You always need characters, and interactions to give more action to your game. Like maybe there’s a merchant. Or maybe (example again), In the treasure hunt, you speak to someone and they help you find the treasure.

Conclusion:

In conclusion, RPGs are fun and simple as long as you follow these instructions!
-GimSolver

5 Likes

Nice so far! Remember to finish it!

2 Likes

Good job so far! Maybe link some guides to help!

1 Like

How to make a Hunger Bar (WIP)
When it finsihed?

I like this already. RPGs are one of my fav. genres of video games. Please finish it soon!

5 Likes

I did finish, wip was the last one

JK

I am not really sure. I might be leaving the Gimkit community to move on to a more complicated advanced game making engine. Unity.

1 Like

I tried Unity for a while but couldn’t get the hang of it. Prob because the only and I think default language there was C#. I only knew Python and scratch.

2 Likes

Guys is @StacheIsTaken planning something big? he’s made so many topics on RPG, should we be scared?

(cool guide btw)

2 Likes

likes reply but doesn’t explain

3 Likes

(edit out the part with @NavyCatZ and look at the first sentence in her profile)

2 Likes

Did you even read the guide or did you just reply to say that? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Still reading.

Edit - done.

1 Like

I’ll just change my pfp and lore completely to stop messing with others lore.
Your guys lore is too confusing.

1 Like

Lol that’s what I used to think when I first joined. Just make sure to ask for their consent and show it to them (like I asked WhoAmI).

Now let’s get back on-topic:

Nice guide!

1 Like

Good Point!
Should I add any other tags?

Nice guide, GimSolver!

How is it a wip?
I think I’m done.

Nice guide, @StacheIsTaken!

1 Like

I posted that when it was a wip.

1 Like