The Gimkit Awards- Voting Information!

Also, is the “Best Creative Game” just another way of saying “Game/Map of The Year”?

sort of, but its fan made so not really map of the year DLD has that.

1 Like

You could think of it that way.

1 Like

Hello, new gimkit awards topic, I am here a bit late because I am not as active on the forums anymore. But I am glad this was posted because people kept asking the same questions about this.

dang, i need to hurry up with my map ive been working on

IKR, same here. I have been procrasinating too much.

1 Like

Quick life tip: don’t procrastinate. I speak from experience. [1]

It’s not clutter. It’s valuable info. :smile_cat:

1. I’m stuck staying after school to cram in 5 days of work into 1 hr because I procrastinated, so it’s bad. :rofl: ↩︎

2 Likes

Bro, dont clutter Blackholes topic

1 Like

how do you get recommended for nomination

There is a Google form that you can nominate maps and people through.

4 Likes

Can I advertise in my bio?

That’s up to you.

2 Likes

Fine thrn, heres a tip, quit using so many laughing emojis, itd not cool, stop acting like it is

8 Likes

Calm down, you don’t need to be so agressive.

2 Likes

He should have worded it better, but I certainly agree with the sentiment.

7 Likes

whats wrong with laughing emojis?

They’re fine, but the obsessive use of it is extremely annoying. :moyai:

6 Likes

I doubt any of my maps will be nominated when most are difficult to find lol. Oh well. I had fun creating them. One of my maps has over 12,000 plays and the other over 10,000 plays, but I doubt they will make the nominations, and I don’t want to vote for my own maps. The admin should be the ones choosing imo.

2 Likes

Well, the mods already gave Blackhole and Unstable permission for a new #category and they wanted to lessen the work for them since they already did a lot. That’s why they didn’t advertise it on the official gimkit site because it would cause the forums and gimkit to be banned from schools because… the forums aren’t really that appropriate for schools (I don’t mean really bad but not exactly good for schools)
Also, this isn’t like the gim jam where the hosters of the event or the mods will vote for the games to be nominated, it’s a community vote for them to nominate maps and/or people (both are probably required).
I feel like you’re among the best GKC (in game) art creators, you could have a shot ngl. (Also, you can advertise in your bio if you want)

4 Likes

We didn’t put it on the website because josh said no, it’s not that deep lol

Although I can’t speak for unstable, I personally don’t keep track of creative maps to the point where I can accurately find the best for each category. This also adds in the ability for people to call me biased, and I don’t feel like dealing with that. On top of all that, we felt it would be better for it to be community voted, and planned it to be that way from the start.

6 Likes