The Coralian Version on Dice (That Are Visually Pleasing!) 3/10 or đźź©

I made this branded because, some other guides used dices, but this is how to make it look better, in my opinion that is! ( core- Al - ee- an)A
ll the guides that use dices, always just have an overlay or button and that tells you what you get, but this will help make a random dice, that also looks nice!
[major guide coming soon! How to make a card game]

Designing the Dice

Firstly copy and paste these emojis, if they do not work, search them up on Google!
:black_circle: and :white_large_square:
Ok copy and paste the square in Gimkit. Same for the dots, but keep the 2 seperate!
Now, think of all the sides of a dice.
arrange the circle emojis into these shapes, lets say the section for the one side is made up of 1 circle, make the text not active on start, make the text appear when receiving on channel “1” and deactivate when receiving on channel “None”
For the two side, repeat it, but make it appear on channel “2”
and so on.

Now, move all of the circles onto the dice. Using layers, make the white square beneath everything.
I know, doesn’t look so good, yet ]but with a bit of block code, anything is Possible!

Rolling the Dice

Ok, add a repeater, it will stop after 6 repetitions. make it run every 0.5 seconds, add a button, make it invisible, link it so that when the button is pressed, it starts the repeater, now add a trigger, make a block on when triggered, it’s code should be:

Ok, now make a wire, that says when the repeater runs a task, trigger.
Ok, now add a property, it should be a number, with a default values of 1. Call it “Roll”
This is what you would want if you would want to track what the player rolled.

Telling the Player What they Rolled!

Ok add a Text . Make a block for it that is when receiving on channel " Roll Finished" Make it’s block code:
Now, It will say what you rolled, and it changes too, and looks cool!

And that’s all! I made this guide because I disliked how all the other guides made the dices so basic, (no offense) so I took my own take on dices! Your finished product should look like:

Difficulty
  • 1/10
  • 2/10
  • 3/10
  • 4/10
  • 5/10
  • 6/10
  • 7/10
  • 8/10
  • 9/10
  • 10/10
  • 11/10
0 voters
8 Likes

Is it fine if I change the title to dice instead of dices?

5 Likes

By the way, please don’t use the unknown-difficulty tag. We’ve agreed not to use that tag but it’s there since a tl3 created it a few months ago.

5 Likes

Great guide! I suggest maybe add a part that loops through the different numbers?

4 Likes

Why are you telling them not to use that tag? (Tags don’t matter too much as long as they fit the description)

4 Likes
If we have too many random tags, then they get confusing and lose their meaning.

What’s funny is that only regulars have replied to this post as of yet.

9 Likes

A long time ago we’ve established what tags to use and what tags to not use. Since you can easily put stuff like difficulties in the title, we’ve decided that tags should be for easy searching in certain sections. It doesn’t matter that much but it helps keep the tag section clean.

5 Likes

My bad!

1 Like

I thought I did… could you explain

2 Likes

Oh whoops. I wasn’t paying attention…

3 Likes

unknown difficulty was for old guides that didn’t have a difficulty that could be edited to include a difficult in the title, it shouldn’t be used because its easier for the post creator themselves to just include the difficulty in the title

5 Likes

Nice guide!

4 Likes

Nice guide @Coral! Just a few things: The plural of dice is dice, and the singular is die. Please, my protege, be smarter than your sensei and concatenate! (It’s in the comments).

5 Likes

Oh yeah, I suggest you add a gif/video to this, to show the visually-pleasing part of it! Overall, very good!

4 Likes

(post deleted by author)

3 Likes

I couldn’t find it, but I will search the forums for more!

3 Likes

also, @here can someone rate this guide, I did 3/10, but the poll disagrees, somebody but 11/10, 6/10 so I don’t know.

3 Likes

It’s reply 17. Zypheir goes in detail about concatenation and how to do it.

3 Likes

That… That…. That’s brilliant…. H-how I have no words. It doesn’t help with the current game I am making, but this would have helped me SOOO much with GKC school assignment, I am currently working on a card game, but I could see me using this A lot! Thanks for informing me on this!

6 Likes

BUMP

2 Likes